Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2018, 04:01 AM   #41
notanlines

I may be guilty of pulling this thread astray, but does it seem that people with the horn-honk-door-lock seem to revel in the attention they get when activating said lock, sometimes repeatedly? I believe if that remote was put.....no, not THERE!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:04 AM   #42
JRTJH
Site Team

Frustration in campgrounds is not an "American thing".... When we were first married, we tent camped through Europe. While in Italy, we camped in a vineyard near Venice. We arrived about 830 at night, by the time we registered, found our site and started erecting the tent, it was dark. Now if you've ever seen the elaborate tent designs that frequent campgrounds on the continent, you'd know that they have hundreds of tent stakes and it takes an hour or more to erect the tent. We had a canvas, 9x12 Coleman (tan/white) tent with 8 stakes. Metal hammers and steel stakes do make noise, and as I was pounding in the seventh stake, the Italian gentleman in the next site came over, offering me his rubber mallet saying, "Me bambinos, me bambinos" while gesturing that they were sleeping. I thanked him (in broken Italian) used his mallet for the last stake and all was quiet...... UNTIL..... about 11PM or so, some "vocal gentleman" about 5 sites away, started singing opera. That went on for nearly an hour, no complaints from my neighbor, even though I toyed with the idea of borrowing his mallet to offer to the opera singer..... We stayed in that campground for a week as we explored northern Italy, every night at 11PM, we were "lullabied to sleep".....

Campground "problems" are sometimes, more a matter of interpretation than frustration. Living that close together, there are going to be some things that happen which "rub some the wrong way".... Water off a duck's back is a good way to approach most of those irritants... What infuriates one may be relaxation to the next......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:33 AM   #43
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
That’s always been a curiousity question for me. Why an impact wrench? Our Dewalt drill has always done a great job -without the added noise!
Especially when instructions for the levelers say "do not use impact".

The car horn thing reared it's ugly head here recently. The DW just bought a new Chevy Traverse and we were programming it at the dealership. I told the salesman whatever we do "the horn WILL NOT honk every time we lock or unlock it." I think we almost have it figured out, but it will do 3 quick honks if I leave the key in it and walk away. I need to look into that.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:09 AM   #44
flybouy
Site Team

I may be incorrect but I think most car alarms will beep if the lock button is depressed two times, Fords have been that way for years. I think most folks want to hear the beep to confirm that it's set. On my truck the parking lights will come on when unlocking or locking the doors. When anyone is out at night I will say "watch your eyes" before operating the remote and apologize afterward. I think a little consideration can go a long way and from what I'm reading it's the inconsideration more than the annoyance itself that disturbed many,
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:26 AM   #45
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I may be incorrect but I think most car alarms will beep if the lock button is depressed two times, Fords have been that way for years. I think most folks want to hear the beep to confirm that it's set. On my truck the parking lights will come on when unlocking or locking the doors. When anyone is out at night I will say "watch your eyes" before operating the remote and apologize afterward. I think a little consideration can go a long way and from what I'm reading it's the inconsideration more than the annoyance itself that disturbed many,

My '11 as well as the '17 Escape Titanium will beep when you hit the remote lock button a second time, The first time only the parking lights will flash and stay on a few seconds. The last truck, an '06 and the last car, a '12 Fusion worked the same way.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:55 AM   #46
travelin texans

If the horn honks occasionally that's understandable, but when it seems they're in/out every couple minutes they should leave the damn thing unlocked. Mine is programmable to NO horn just lights.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:08 AM   #47
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
it seems they're in/out every couple minutes they should leave the damn thing unlocked. .
Don't forget that you can never fix stupid
Old 08-07-2018, 03:21 AM   #48
Dave W

OK - never much bothered me before yesterday. The folks on the site directly across the road from me have to be absolutely numb. If they have slammed a door once, thay have slammed it shut 200 times since about 4:00 yesterday afternoon. I would commit a deadly deed if staying but am going home after I trim the grass (the CG does it but I trim it closer with my 25 buck clunk to the 5er))
Old 08-07-2018, 06:23 AM   #49
66joej

On the horn lock thing the '13 Ram and '00 Grand Cherokee both beeped off when the remote was only pressed once. Annoyed me and tried to get it silenced but no luck. Both vehicles are gone and the Ford is more polite. Only the park lights come on with the first press.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:12 AM   #50
jack65

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
However, I can’t do anything about drones,
Simple, shoot 'em with a shotgun, then say, "Whoops! I thought that was a duck..."

As for the problems listed, generators, loud noise, boat motors, cell phones... where I go (this month in fact) there is none of that... no gas motors, no cell phone service either. Last 8 miles is gravel and that weeds out a lot of the undesirables too.

From last year:
http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/Mt...hLake-2017.htm
K&N 71-1561 Air Intake w/FlowMaster Exhaust system.
jack65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:26 AM   #51
jack65

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I may be guilty of pulling this thread astray, but does it seem that people with the horn-honk-door-lock seem to revel in the attention they get when activating said lock, sometimes repeatedly? I believe if that remote was put.....no, not THERE!
This is the first thing I turn off whenever I get a new car or truck. It is so annoying to hear the horn beep every time you lock and unlock your vehicle. The lights flashing are enough.

What is even worse are the idiots who have to hit their remote 3 and 4 times because they think it isn't locked the 1st time. The horn beep feature should be turned off in all vehicles at the factory. If the user is wants it, make them turn it on.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #52
RK1978

Lots of things irritate lots of people. I am guilty of one of those-my trailer has 3/4" drive for stabilizers and I use 3/4 socket and impact to raise them when we leave in the morning. I do it as quickly as possible but am not going to crank by hand and my drill is not set up to turn a 3/4 socket. Our major irritation is restroom facilities that are not handicap accessible, and we really appreciate the few places that have "unisex" shower facilities where I can help my wife rather than trying to "sneak" her into the mens showers very early or very late to help her shower. We generally use the trailer as a place to sleep and eat and otherwise are out in the surrounding areas so if it's noisy we turn on the fan or AC and play music-problem solved. Otherwise we sit outside and watch whatever is going on around us-everything from bison to birds to chipmunks and squirrels (and people).
PR
2008 Hideout
2007 Dodge 3500
RK1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:35 PM   #53
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK1978 View Post
Lots of things irritate lots of people. I am guilty of one of those-my trailer has 3/4" drive for stabilizers and I use 3/4 socket and impact to raise them when we leave in the morning. I do it as quickly as possible but am not going to crank by hand and my drill is not set up to turn a 3/4 socket. Our major irritation is restroom facilities that are not handicap accessible, and we really appreciate the few places that have "unisex" shower facilities where I can help my wife rather than trying to "sneak" her into the mens showers very early or very late to help her shower. We generally use the trailer as a place to sleep and eat and otherwise are out in the surrounding areas so if it's noisy we turn on the fan or AC and play music-problem solved. Otherwise we sit outside and watch whatever is going on around us-everything from bison to birds to chipmunks and squirrels (and people).
PR
2008 Hideout
2007 Dodge 3500

RK1978

If you have 3/4" sockets to raise/lower your stabilizers.....1) you could buy electric ones (stabilizers), 2) use a regular drill to lower them (get a good one with a lot of torque)....much less noise.

As far as handicapped, depending on the situation we are as well. Depending on where you are there are so many variables for a person when you have a disability. Finding those "perfect" places when traveling in an RV and wanting to see new/fun things can pose a problem.

Unisex bathrooms?? I'm from TX...."either you is, or you ain't" - never found a "unisex". I've seen, and encountered folks with problems; I say I, or anyone else, takes care of someone with a problem. Do I need to stand outside to help/protect the folks? That's fine. IF a unisex bathroom was for those handicapped folks that needed 2 folks "only" it would be OK, but, we have now devolved into a what, in my mind, is a pretty sick society.

If you are in a campground where I am, and need to take care of your wife in the men's room or women's, I understand and it won't be a problem for me and shouldn't be for anyone else.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:53 PM   #54
fjr vfr

HeadLights!! I can't count the times I've been sitting at my campfire and someone pulls in across from me and leaves their headlights on endlessly while they're setting up camp.
All the while they're shining directly into my eyes and lighting up my site like daylight.
And what's worst is most of the time they're not even using them to see what they're doing because the lights are shining into someone else's site and not theirs!
It's amazing how inconsiderate and unaware some people are!
fjr vfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:31 AM   #55
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjr vfr View Post
HeadLights!! I can't count the times I've been sitting at my campfire and someone pulls in across from me and leaves their headlights on endlessly while they're setting up camp.
All the while they're shining directly into my eyes and lighting up my site like daylight.
And what's worst is most of the time they're not even using them to see what they're doing because the lights are shining into someone else's site and not theirs!
It's amazing how inconsiderate and unaware some people are!
While I agree with you, maybe they are using the tail lights as "mood lighting" to soften their rough towing day ??? Nah, probably not.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #56
travelin texans

The worst part is nowadays the lack of consideration is everywhere. I would've got smacked for not holding the door for someone, but now it's more normal for the person ahead of you to shut it on you. EVERYONE is in a huge hurry & it's me me me to be 1st.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:56 AM   #57
Old Mustanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
EVERYONE is in a huge hurry & it's me me me to be 1st.
You are right on that!
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #58
jack65

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
My latest peeve is car horns. I used to have neighbors that blew their car horn every time they pulled in their driveway. Sounded like a New York taxi stand. Now it seems some people have their car programmed to honk when ever they lock or unlock their doors. Not a big deal at the mall, but at 5am in a campground or 11pm next door is really rubbing me the wrong way.
I turn my horn off in setup. When going camping I also turn off the flashing lights when I lock the truck, takes all of 10-15 seconds. But most people don't give a hoot as it's not "bothering" them. It's called "Don't Care".
Old 08-28-2018, 06:51 PM   #59
gearhead

My neighbor 2 houses down reminded me this morning what a Dumb Butt he is. He locked his truck and then the alarm went off. He was scrambling to get it to stop. His dog started barking. Then he comments to his son that the alarm seems to be bothering the dog. Yeah buddy you have no idea how it's bothering me. His truck is a ATT work truck. Reminded me I need to call them. The wi-fi falls off about every afternoon at least 10 times. The computer stops working and then the security alarm starts beeping. More stuff beeping at me. Get up and go reset it.
I told Betty we should have moved to the country. LOL
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 03:11 AM   #60
Dave W

Another grump - have you ever been sitting outside of your RV, bev of choice in hand and in comes a rolling blackout? On both sides? We haven't had that at our 'home' CG where we are set up but others have and we have elsewhere. Those blackouts occur when the CG staff decide to put a 45 foot long. 13.5 foot tall mostly black RV like an Allegro Bus on each side of you, dwarfing your rig and blacking out the daylight as well as any view, especially on the LH side and it gets worse if they put all their awnings out. We saw that happen on the site across from us last weekend. Can't complain about the RV owners as they are usually decent, but the CG hosts just don't think about what it does to others, and since our home CG has been 'discovered', happening more often. Of the weekenders and overnighters, there seem to have been more 6 figure Class A units then towables most of the summer

Tags
generator