Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2017, 06:16 AM   #1
NavyMustang

Question MaxxAir 7500 Installation in Bullet 248RKS

Good Morning All,

I know that there are several threads regarding ceiling fans/lights and wiring, but I'm hoping to find something a bit more specific to my application.

I have a 2017 Bullet 248RKS. I would like to replace the factory-installed kitchen ceiling vent with a MaxxAir intake/exhaust fan.

Does anyone know off-hand if the 248RKS has the wiring in the ceiling already to support an installation, or if I will need to have a new circuit routed?

Thanks in advance!
NavyMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:49 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

If the current vent doesn't have a fan, then no there isn't any "pre wiring" done. You'll need to find 12V somewhere. Ceiling lights are popular but you need to check for switched or constant hot depending on your preference.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:01 AM   #3
busterbrown

I doubt the vent opening would be prewired for anything. Looking at your floor plan, I want to say you can find power one of two ways. You can splice into the adjacent LED light fixture on the ceiling. You may loose independent control of your fan if that light is connected to a wall switch though. Or, you can do what I did with my Bullet, run wire from the vent opening to the microwave and tap into the overhead range hood (fan or light). A wire coat hanger worked wonderfully as fishing tape. Good luck.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:34 PM   #4
sconner

I was able to fish a wire from my bathroom fan through the roof to the living space vent. Was only about 5-6 feet and was easier than I thought once I pulled off the trim.
sconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:06 PM   #5
Fox1sram

Just completed installation of 2 MaxxFans, one in bathroom with 12vdc present and one in bedroom no vdc present. My rig is a 2019 Cougar 26 RKS so the bedroom is in the rear and bathroom just outside of bedroom door. The distance between the two fans is approximately 8 feet. I chose to run the bath 12 vdc into the bedroom following the AC duct that is present in both rooms and appeared to be a straight shot. I removed the AC duct covers to expose the foil duct tubing and ran a fish tape alond the duct work. I then tied into the bath DC line and the other end connected to new MaxxFan. Two things to keep in mind 1) the steadt current draw is about 4 to 4.5 amps 2) startup drawn is around 9 amps. In researching the installation, Inread somewhere that tapping into light fixtures, particular LED, can cause problems with the fan. I think you can check with MaxxAir customer support on that one. Bottom line, or the ugly truth, depending on your outlook is that all trailers are wired on the fly and as such, you won't find any diagrams to assist you. Look into areas like AC ducts, or other system connection before removing pannels. Hope you find this of some help.
Fox1sram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet