Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #1
338RLKCougar

Cable / Satellite connection

Bought a new fifth wheel and it only has one connection to hook up to. It has a satellite prep sticker below it. Question is, Is this connection for both cable and satellite hook up. My coach is a 2019 Keystone Cougar 338RLK. Thanks in advance.
338RLKCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:57 PM   #2
datasponge

I used our 'satellite prep' for the first time this weekend. I don't think I'll completely answer your question, but to get it to work we did the following.

1) hooked up our coax to the 'satellite' box on the camp site.
2) hooked up our coax to the 'satellite prep' connection on the camper
3) TV set to input = TV
4) Scan channels... TV had to know that the 'satellite' signal coming in on channel 3 was analog and not digital. Before scanning I just tuned to channel 3 and had very noisey video with static audio. After channel scan when the TV understood channel 3 was analog it all worked properly.

To possibly address your question, it seems to me that the 'satellite prep' would also work for cable, but the signal has to be stronger than over the air reception (so definitely need booster off).
datasponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
338RLKCougar

Thank you!!
Old 08-17-2018, 04:17 PM   #4
Spinkboy

Told by Keystone Satellite prep wont work for Directv as the splitters aren't compatible (reason mine doesn't work). Going after the splitters in a couple weeks but fyi.

See below from Keystone.

Thank you for contacting Keystone RV in regards to your 2019 Cougar. I have attached a couple different things to assist you in hooking up your satellite. The satellite prep allows satellite viewing at the main entertainment television. You have a plate with a jumper wire. That plate receives the signal from your exterior satellite tripod. You connect the exterior satellite to the port on the outside of the unit and on the inside you remove the jumper wire. The top port would connect to satellite in on your satellite receiver box (not supplied with the unit). Satellite out to television plugs into the bottom port of the same plate. The signal will travel through the wiring in the unit. Set your television to receive satellite signal and set channel to the appropriate station.

Please not that our wring/connectors are not compatible with Direct TV.
Spinkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 07:10 PM   #5
338RLKCougar

Good to know, we have Dish Network, so hopefully will work with out any issues.

Tags
cable, satellite