Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #1
Bingo 57

Dewinterizing.

OK it's time to get things going for this season. First thing I wanted to do is sanitize the freshwater tank, problem is this 2016 X-Lite has the rear "conveyance" center where you can either fill the fresh water tank or flip the valve for city water hook-up. Do I need to "remove" the one-way valve on the docking station and switch to the tank fill position to sanitize the holding tank??

Thanks for the help!
Jim
Bingo 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 05:55 PM   #2
yesiamapirate

Same set up. The guy that did my check out inspection said pour the Clorox or whatever you sanitize with in the vent hole. Remove the screen first. Replace. Hope this helps.
yesiamapirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:05 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Another "easier in my opinion" way to get Clorox into the fresh water tank is to use a funnel, pour the Clorox into the water hose, then connect it to the city water connection, turn the valves to the appropriate position, turn on the faucet and the water will push the Clorox into the fresh water tank as it fills.

You can pour almost a gallon of Clorox into a 25' half inch diameter hose, so you should be able to get all the Clorox you need into the FW tank.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 06:12 PM   #4
Bingo 57

Dewinterizing

Daa... Should have thunk of that! Sorry to bother.

jim
Bingo 57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterizing