Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2019, 09:40 AM   #41
kfxgreenie

You will probably have to pay to find the bad welds structure issue and then go back to keystone to get reimbursed on that and the overall repair. The Moss Magnuson Act will be your friend at that point, but until that point you can't prove it is a keystone issue, and they are going to put you at fault. You know it really isn't a Andersen issue it is a Lippert QC issue, but it is on you to prove that now. To bad Andersen wouldn't pay to prove it and then have a corporate lawyer send Keystone a bill. Would solve a lot of this non-sense BS in the future!
kfxgreenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:11 AM   #42
BSHGTO

and off to the races

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfxgreenie View Post
You will probably have to pay to find the bad welds structure issue and then go back to keystone to get reimbursed on that and the overall repair. The Moss Magnuson Act will be your friend at that point, but until that point you can't prove it is a keystone issue, and they are going to put you at fault. You know it really isn't a Andersen issue it is a Lippert QC issue, but it is on you to prove that now. To bad Andersen wouldn't pay to prove it and then have a corporate lawyer send Keystone a bill. Would solve a lot of this non-sense BS in the future!
Yep you hit the nail on the head The other problem is the Andersen did not cause this failure so they are not going to pay and don`t blame them. Their warranty will pay if their hitch caused a failure but it didn`t in these cases. I am renaming civil until I hear that keystone refuses the claim based on some ridiculous lie and that`s what it will be but so far they have been asking things but no real answer for the issue yet. They have requested many pictures of my camper front, back, hitch, both sides, pic of hitch, pin box, camper loaded on truck, and wanted to know if I live in it full time ,drive cross country, travel on gravel roads, how many miles on unit. it was only 1 year 1 month old before the break. So you know what they are doing they are fishing for a excuse to deny, even the dealer said so. We`ll see.
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:11 PM   #43
Todd727

Here is the full thread from the Montana forum:

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=69100
Old 03-21-2019, 02:34 PM   #44
jteigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micslam View Post
Happened at 4 months. But keystone is saying it’s not a manufacture defect. They’re not covering it.
Have you tried posting a comment on their facebook page? I had some issues with my fifth wheel the first year we had it and it was only resolved after I made it a public issue on their page. Might be worth a try.
jteigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:47 PM   #45
W7PSK

I had a major issue with my Keystone Everest like that. It was a Frame crack out of warranty. Keystone said contact Lippert as they made the frame. Lippert said contact Keystone as it was their design. I had an extended Warranty that said it was cosmetic and they dont cover that.

I ate 5000 dollars worth of frame repairs.

Good luck.
2011 F-350 SRW Long bed Crew Cab.
W7PSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:36 PM   #46
RR Ottke

Crack near bedroom slide

I have a 2015 Montana and have the SAME crack in the same place. It is out of warranty and thus I have done nothing about it. If there are enough of us out there maybe someone will do something.
RR Ottke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:16 PM   #47
MotownJG

You mean a crack like this?

I'm outta warranty, this only occurs on one side & there's no breach of the lamination, but it's cracked & bulged.

Hmm, can't upload / attach the photo through google photos...
Hoping to leave California in the next year.
MotownJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:39 PM   #48
Randallf

Get trailer life magazine and you can write your issue to them and they will look into for you
i read a lot of repairs get done this way
good luck
randall
Randallf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:09 PM   #49
mets721

I have it to

Sorry, I just saw this post. I have the same crack on my 2016 Cougar 327 RES. Camping World tried to get it repaired as it was still under warranty. It was denied because I have a Reese Sidewinder Pinbox that was put on after market. After reading these other posts, it’s clear that this isn’t the cause. I’m going to write them and cite these posts. If that doesn’t work, I’m contacting Trailer Life. For now I went over the crack with marine sealant since it’s being stored this year at Ocean Lakes in SC. We’re not towing this year so it should hold up and prevent water damage, etc.
mets721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:57 AM   #50
CaptnJohn

I understand some like the Anderson hitch. It is stated in the warranty materials issued by Keystone they will not warranty problems if used. Anderson says they will cover problems if warranty doesn't cover and they don't. All well known. Toss the dice, win or lose based on known facts.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:47 AM   #51
Kanuknut

Did you send pictures and get your dealer help you go to bat for you. We have cracks in our front cap that are huge. Apparently gel coat. Hope yours aren't in the fiberglass. See my post. Good luck.
Kanuknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:22 AM   #52
dadnjesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
It's unfortunate that they (Andersen) wrote their warranty in such a way as to make it sound like an "iron clad we will fix your trailer if you're using our hitch and the manufacturer says they won't repair it because you're using our hitch" and when it happens, they say, "our engineering team will look into this and I'll let you know".... Unfortunate situation where they make it sound like they'll back their product, then when a problem happens, they walk away, leaving you out to lunch....

This is one more reason why I won't recommend Andersen's products as alternatives to the "tried and true conventional hitches, both W/D and fifth wheel versions.
This doesn't really surprise anyone that Anderson has a way out. And I'm not saying it was their fault.
dadnjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:44 AM   #53
kfxgreenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I understand some like the Anderson hitch. It is stated in the warranty materials issued by Keystone they will not warranty problems if used. Anderson says they will cover problems if warranty doesn't cover and they don't. All well known. Toss the dice, win or lose based on known facts.
I may be wrong, but the post above yours mentions a Reese Sidewinder, and a frame crack denial based on use. Now if i understand correctly Lippert owns Reese, and that is why the goosebox is the only approved 5th wheel to gooseneck coupler. Yet a Reese Lippert product the sidewinder got a Lippert frame warranty claim denied?
Old 06-20-2019, 02:26 PM   #54
CaptnJohn

True, it is stated only one gooseneck style by Reese was exempt. Most of the complaints are about Anderson

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #55
kfxgreenie

My red flag is Lippert denying a warranty claim because of a Lippert product.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:08 PM   #56
penra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micslam View Post
Love them or hate them.... I was using and Andersen Hitch. :-/. I love the hitch. Hate the situation. It’s just “an out” for them
Wow, I was sold on Anderson Hitch but wasn't aware it would void the Keystone warranty. I'm sorry for your situation and I am not a psychic but I see lawyers in your future.
Very disappointed in the Keystone response though. Wonder if they monitor this forum?
penra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:19 PM   #57
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by penra View Post
Wow, I was sold on Anderson Hitch but wasn't aware it would void the Keystone warranty. I'm sorry for your situation and I am not a psychic but I see lawyers in your future.

Very disappointed in the Keystone response though. Wonder if they monitor this forum?
No body from Keystone is a known member of this forum. To our knowledge they do not monitor it.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:32 PM   #58
5J's

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfxgreenie View Post
I may be wrong, but the post above yours mentions a Reese Sidewinder, and a frame crack denial based on use. Now if i understand correctly Lippert owns Reese, and that is why the goosebox is the only approved 5th wheel to gooseneck coupler. Yet a Reese Lippert product the sidewinder got a Lippert frame warranty claim denied?
Reese is not owned by Lippert. They are actually owned by Horizon Global company. I also believed they were part of Lippert as that is what the dealer I bought my 5er from told me. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:22 AM   #59
Tbos

Who has had a sidewall crack by the front bedroom slide????

[QUOTE=kfxgreenie;345772]My red flag is Lippert denying a warranty claim because of a Lippert product. :

I guess we know why now.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:53 AM   #60
Roscommon48

I'd like to know the outcome of what happened. It started out about the crack on the trailer and turned into issues with hitches.....ummmm

So????? to the orginial start of this thread, what was the outcome?
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, rack, slide