Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
xjbeast96

Soft Floor

On our recent camping trip this past 4 day weekend i was in the bathroom and noticed the vinyl covering on the bathroom floor was coming up near the rear wall. I got down on my hands and knees and found the floor from behind the toilet to the tub is soft and vinyl bubbling up. I pulled the access panel from the lower tub and it appears the drain may be leaking and running along the rear wall. I am sick to my stomach over this. I pamper this little camper and i can not believe that this 2017 Passport has this damage. I reached out to Keystone praying for good news.
Thought i would vent. thanks for listening
Aaron
Old 03-20-2019, 10:58 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I wish you luck with Keystone but I'm afraid they will leave it to you as a leak. My first thought would be to find and fix the leak. Then open it up and let it dry out to see what you actually have as far as wood/floor damage. When wet the floor can/will get spongy because it is soft. Let it dry and hopefully it will get stiff again and then you can reassess.

Just went through what appeared to be a soft floor but no way to definitively determine the cause without pulling the underbelly. Finally figured it was the dehumidifier we left running all the time (it had seemingly gotten soft right around it). There we no leaks of any kind but finally figured it must be the heat generated at the bottom of the dehumidifier was heating through the floor causing condensation on the bottom during the cold weather. Got a heat resistant cover to go under it and began to use it sparingly when it was actually humid. Now after about 5-6 days the floor has stiffened back up and my happy factor is coming back. Maybe you will be lucky enough that yours will do the same. That will leave the flooring but will probably be a lot less trouble than the floor being ruined. Good luck.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor