Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #11
TheGriz

Alan, my assessment (and I respect the other's) is your video is NOT showing cosmetic flaws. You have fasteners poking through your roof membrane. Even more disturbing is it looks like the under sheathing is not properly affixed to the truss. Both of these issues obviously can cause more serious leak issues down the pike, if not leaking already.

I bought a Bullet Premier this past July, and after just one month had a soft spot in floor on side of bed I noticed in maiden voyage. I'll skip the gory details, but after a month long go-round, the dealer gave me full value back on TT. See my previous post:
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=30646

It is a royal PIA. You don't have to accept shotty workmanship on a brand new TT right off the lot!

Good luck and don't give up,
Mike

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:24 PM   #12
Alanfray

Thanks. It is under warranty as I bought it in July this year. It's been in the shop longer than in my yard...not very happy with Keystone

Alanfray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #13
Alanfray

Thanks Mike and I don't plan on settling. I want my roof replaced definitely not patched. Their customer service was horrible to deal with.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:29 PM   #14
sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanfray View Post
Thanks Mike and I don't plan on settling. I want my roof replaced definitely not patched. Their customer service was horrible to deal with.

Please, let the members know how this goes. I wish you luck.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:36 PM   #15
Alanfray

I will definitely post the outcome on here.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #16
Sherwood

Absolutely no excuse for shoddy workmanship. I understand there are different levels of quality materials and such but there should NEVER be levels of workmanship. I really hope they fix this.

Eric & Kim Sherwood
2011 Cougar 31SQB Travel Trailer, EZ-Flex
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0L
Reese Straight Line Trunnion Bar w/Dual Cam Anti-Sway
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #17
Alanfray

As of last Friday Keystone RV stated they will not replace my roof. They will only put vent caps over where ther screws are. Camping World said they would put RV tape over the spots. NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! If it were an old used camper I say patch it up. I filed a complaint against Keystone with the BBB and they have until 21 Dec to reply. If they don't, my attorney is in standby. I'm ready for the fight and they best hope they are too.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:22 PM   #18
JRTJH
Site Team

You should not have to accept a patched roof on a new travel trailer. The "repair" of patching the holes and putting "vent caps" over them to mask the repair is unacceptable. It will add to your maintenance costs in the future and will probably cause a significant depreciation if you do try to sell the trailer in the future. I agree with you and wish you success.

Remember, if you do retain a lawyer, chances are Keystone will stop communicating with you and/or the dealer about a solution and the only communication will probably be between your attorney and the Keystone legal team (yes they have lawyers on staff). So prepare yourself for the probability of a long, drawn out and frustrating event. You'll probably come to acceptable terms in the end, but the time lost without being able to use your camper is something you won't get back. It's especially frustrating if you have children who are growing and missing out on family time in the trailer while you wait for Keystone to fix what is defective.

Good Luck !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:43 PM   #19
Alanfray

I hoping the BBB will be successful and an attorney will not be required. My TT has been in the shop longer than in my yard. I wonder how my insurance company would feel if they knew the issues with the roof? Someone told me I should talk them. I honestly don't know what to do. I'm amazed a company can build such a crappy product and not be held liable to the consumer for their crappy work. So frustrating
Old 12-10-2017, 07:57 PM   #20
sourdough

I think you can probably (hope) reach an acceptable solution, but I'm afraid it may be laborious trying to get there. Utilize the dealer as much as you can, if you can. If they can document and spin the story in your favor you have a good chance of an agreeable plan. Dealing with Keystone one on one is usually the last resort in my experience.....and results in a less than satisfactory solution. What you have is not something you need to accept in a new trailer. Your dealer should have already run point on that and got it fixed...hopefully things will work out.

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof