Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2018, 01:59 PM   #41
RETAFCHIEF

JRTJH: I will no longer post about the valves. I am not thrilled about the response and have only pointed out the journey. I'm sorry if you take personal offense. Thanks for your input.
RETAFCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:11 PM   #42
JRTJH
Site Team

No "personal offense" taken. Actually I find it amusing that someone would "yell at Keystone" (post #6) on a forum where they aren't present, suggest that "Keystone should furnish an X-Ray of each unit to eliminate any doubt." (post #18) and insist that their RV doesn't have a specific valve arrangement, then state that they "actually haven't looked because the RV is in storage until the end of the month (post #34). That lends a "chuckle" and a nod of the head, realizing that there may not even be a problem and the concern may well be a bit of "the sky is falling".

Please do post once more about your valves, but hopefully that'll be AFTER you've had the opportunity to look under your trailer and verify that it's different from the other similar models that have two valves as verified by multiple members.

Again, no "offense taken" it's really quite a joy to watch people learn about their RV and realize things aren't as complicated and/or outrageous as they first suspected.

Looking forward to learning how your gray tank valve arrangement is plumbed and whether Keystone really did change the valving on the 2018 32RLI. Who knows, you may be the one that teaches the "old dogs" a new trick.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:20 PM   #43
sealyin

Just posted this in a different thread. It is for our 2017 Cougar RBIWE. Two gray tanks and one valve
Attached Images

sealyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:26 PM   #44
RETAFCHIEF

Please send a private message if you are only trying to belittle a member. Try a little class.
RETAFCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:27 PM   #45
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETAFCHIEF View Post
Please send a private message if you are only trying to belittle a member. Try a little class.
Take your own advice, PLEASE !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-21-2018, 03:32 PM   #46
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealyin View Post
Just posted this in a different thread. It is for our 2017 Cougar RBIWE. Two gray tanks and one valve
I saw your post and the diagram in the different thread. That's a "novel approach" to eliminating the second gray tank valve. Your diagram is the first time I've seen that system. It looks like it may simplify dumping and possibly could make maintenance easier since there are fewer moving parts. I don't see a down-side so long as the two tanks are co-located. In our 27RKS, the galley tank is in the rear and the bath tank is in the front, so there's about 12-15 feet of separation between the tanks. Maintaining a drain slope would be impossible with all the drain lines above the coroplast and if they are below it, freeze damage would occur in cold weather use.

So, it's not an ideal situation for all uses, but may be the "wave of the future" for some floorplans.

Thanks for posting. Did you draw the diagram or is it from a website?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-21-2018, 03:43 PM   #47
sealyin

Drawing came from technical support through Keystone.
sealyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 02:46 AM   #48
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealyin View Post
Going to ask a silly question here, but wouldn't both tanks fill up at the same level with that drain/plumbing configuration?? You wouldn't be really gaining a tank for the kit sink and one for the bathroom but just gaining double the volume of a single tank.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:02 AM   #49
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

I'm convinced that Keystone and all the others have an office group entitled Let's Keep Them Hoppin'. Their purpose is to find new and novel ways to keep people saying WTH under their breath and shave a dollar off the cost at the same time. It's kind of like the US version of the Ministry of Silly Walks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:08 AM   #50
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinner12002 View Post
Going to ask a silly question here, but wouldn't both tanks fill up at the same level with that drain/plumbing configuration?? You wouldn't be really gaining a tank for the kit sink and one for the bathroom but just gaining double the volume of a single tank.
That's my "unreasoned reasoning" as well. About the only accomplishment (other than eliminating one valve) is to equalize the weight distribution between the two gray water tanks. No matter the source of waste water (galley or bath) both tanks will essentially maintain the same weight as they fill. As I said in an earlier post, if the tanks are co-located, it may be a cheaper alternative, but it does limit the placement of tanks and wouldn't work on floorplans with the kitchen on one end of the trailer and the bath on the other end. There's no way to maintain a drain slope from the distant tank "inside the coroplast" and anything full of waste water that's run below the coroplast will freeze in a winter environment.

It looks like a good idea for some floorplans but not for all/most of what Keystone builds.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-22-2018, 08:06 AM   #51
waltheraustin

Hello all, just came back to the thread after being out for a few days. Disappointing to see 2 led read outs for 1 tank but no worries. I'm just glad there isn't another valve I can't find to release water that may be in there.

Appreciate the help!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
waltheraustin is offline   Reply With Quote