Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2018, 04:16 AM   #1
garand41

Laredo 298srl Water Pump

Our new Laredo (2018) has a Pentair 4008 water pump mounted vertically on the back back side of the water and valve control box. It seems like I it took a long time to prime itself after not being used for a while. The manual says it should be mounted within 6 ft. of the tank and yet the tank is at least 15 ft from it. Do the suction lines have a check valve at the tank? Which position should the control (winterize) valve be in? (These valves and Keystone's labeling and lack of instructions stinks). Anyone having similar problems?
garand41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:18 AM   #2
jsmith948

Our Laredo has a Shurflo pump mounted as you describe. We haven't had a problem with the pump being slow to prime - but, we have only used the water pump a few times so far. I wondered about the distance from the tank to the pump as well. On our previous trailer, the pump was mounted directly above the tank.
The label on the winterizing valve is confusing - on ours, the valve position doesn't seem to match the graphic. The water hose connection that is next to the tank flush connection is where the pump is meant to draw anti-freeze. Turn your pump on and check to see if it is sucking (drawing) at that port. If I turn the valve while the pump is running, I can hear it gurgling or drying to draw through that port.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:12 AM   #3
heiserk0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by garand41 View Post
Our new Laredo (2018) has a Pentair 4008 water pump mounted vertically on the back back side of the water and valve control box. It seems like I it took a long time to prime itself after not being used for a while. The manual says it should be mounted within 6 ft. of the tank and yet the tank is at least 15 ft from it. Do the suction lines have a check valve at the tank? Which position should the control (winterize) valve be in? (These valves and Keystone's labeling and lack of instructions stinks). Anyone having similar problems?
I've got the 2017 version and have had similar problems with my water pump. The first thing I noticed is that the water line connections to the pump were not tight. Once I tightened up the connections and tightened the screen filter cap on the pump, it primed right up. I see you posted this back in March so I hope you've been able to figure out the problem by now. Good luck!
Old 07-25-2018, 01:13 PM   #4
garand41

After I finally got it primed this spring, it's been fine and has pumped well ever since. Now I'm concerned about getting the water out this fall when winterizing. Have you had any problems on that?
garand41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:57 AM   #5
heiserk0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by garand41 View Post
After I finally got it primed this spring, it's been fine and has pumped well ever since. Now I'm concerned about getting the water out this fall when winterizing. Have you had any problems on that?
No problems winterizing the rig. I drain the water heater and engage the bypass lever on the water lines so that when I pump in RV antifreeze it doesn't go into the water heater. I also make sure I drain the fresh water tank. Finally I have an adapter I connect to my air compressor to blow the water out of the lines first before I actually pump in RV antifreeze. I set my air compressor to 30 psi and a max of 50 psi to ensure I don't damage any water lines. You can purchase the adapter off Amazon for $10. https://www.amazon.com/U-S-Solid-Blo...+adapter&psc=1

Tags
laredo, water, water pump