Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
msubobcats

Regarding my auto level issue

When we got to our new home in Post Falls I backed into our spot next to the house. A pretty fair front to back slant ant and probably fairly minor slant to the left for side to side. Also a thick gravel "pad", maybe 6" of gravel.
Upon raising the front jacks, still could not unlock so l had then tried to retract BUT the jacks would not retract. Got something to the effect of "front jacks are too low". Today had a wrecker come today to move it to a storage unit and as the driver was going into the menu on the Lippert found a reading that says PANIC MODE.. He pressed enter and that cleared the PANIC MODE so now my auto level works again...
Had to move the 5th wheel as the hoa says no RV parking for any unit that will project 4' above a 6' fence... So only short RV's are allowed.
Anyway, learned something else about our 5th Wheel today...
msubobcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #2
notanlines

Did you know about the HOA when you bought your new home? I'd rather eat a road-dead frog than deal with a HOA. I'm not too keen on some group of yard freaks telling me when to mow the grass. I guess I better get off my soap box and do what I came to do: That is tell you thank you for updating us and me learning a little something about RV's.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #3
msubobcats

We did know about the hoa and the homes DO HAVE rv parking. Just not what we expected. The bylaws, which we were sent with the the violation, state the rv must be in the back yard and cannot extend over four feet above a six foot fence. That tells me that it has to be a really small rv. I guess we should have asked to see the bylaws. Our FIRST foray into hoa's and NOT AGAIN!!!
One of those "oh well" moments.
8.1 / Allison / Long bed / Crew Cab
2016 Keystone Cougar 284RDB
GOOOOO MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY BOBCATS
msubobcats is offline   Reply With Quote