Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2017, 02:42 PM   #21
jmart273

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBook View Post
Toyota ran an ad showing their Tundra pickup towing the 350,000 pound space shuttle. Of course it was on absolutely flat ground and the top speed was probably 1 mph.
Also with little to no tongue weight... The whole reason I went with the 350 over a 250 was payload. I can tow a much heavier trailer, safely, due to the added payload.
jmart273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:59 AM   #22
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
The OP's signature says they are from Aurora. If this is Aurora, Colorado I'm sure they will be experiencing plenty of "Rocky Mountain Highs". I know we have.

We didn't by our diesel for the added payload or better milage, we bought it so we could tow better and easier without the engine having to work so hard. Turbo diesels are made for towing. Plain and simple. Turbo torque for going up grades and automatic downshifting and engine brake when descending those long downgrades.

When we were ready to upgrade to the Cougar, we had the truck that could handle that upgrade. Now we just set the the cruise at 65 and sit back and "watch the movie". As stated before, If diesel is an option I'd recommend go for it. You won't be disappointed.

I thought op was from Ohio. If CO there would be little doubt, go diesel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, tow, tow vehicle