Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2018, 04:06 AM   #21
MattHelm21

Contratulations on the new trailer and good luck with the work. I took a look at the Keystone web site Impact section and the 2018 Impact brochure. The problem you are facing is that it looks like Keystone has made a change or is in the process of making a change with the Patio 2.0 in including the steps. In the gallery section of the web site and in the brochure about half way down, you’ll find that the third section of the patio description which mentions the steps has been removed. Also in the gallery section of the web site, the image does not show the steps at all. However all is not lost. Refer whoever you are dealing with to the very bottom of the brochure and you will find the patio description is in full and does include mention of the steps. Good luck and enjoy the new rig.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:21 AM   #22
Ramit

Yes after I see what the dealer does, I will make another you tube video, I've posted the initial video to my personal page, although no followers the keywords will index with google and organically appear. I have not added the dealer in as a keyword YET, I will give them time to make it right, and what they did good and what they did bad will be up to the viewer.

The sent me a how did we do email, I let them know I will respond after I see what they do

Their guy wanted to reach into the duct and cut a hole in the duct and said he would put tape over it, to see if air was coming out.

Dealers depend on frustration and tiredness to get you out, I did NOT sign the introduction form saying I was satisfied, does it mean anything or not doubtful

Ill check the switch today possible it is the awning, I had the light on that night

I own business,the internet can be your friend or your enemy. Luckily its my friend.

Next week it will go to another dealer to fix the issues from the factory
Ramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:24 AM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Not to "rain on the parade," but there's that little issue of the disclaimer in every RV brochure from every RV manufacturer:

"Product information is as accurate as possible as of the date of publication of this brochure. All features, floor plans, and specifications in this brochure are subject to change without notice."

Even if it is in the current brochure, Keystone may (note emphasis on "may") make changes without notice and it would take legal action to force them to honor a photo or a description in the brochure. It would become even more difficult if the brochure has been changed to remove the steps in 2 of 3 locations and now only shows them in one location. Keystone "may" (again emphasis) have eliminated the steps and the advertising department "may" have rewritten the brochure and failed to remove that last description that includes steps.....

Hopefully, Keystone will "do the right thing" and provide the steps, but arguing that "it's in the brochure, so you have to honor it" won't fly, based on that disclaimer. It's going to be an uphill battle to get the steps if they're missing, but maybe Keystone will provide them. If they do, it probably won't be because there's a photo in the brochure, but because of mention of promises or descriptions made by the selling dealer that they were included at the time of purchase. It's more about what the buyer was told he was buying and what he was led to expect, not what was shown in "an outdated brochure"....

Hopefully it'll all work out, but don't put all your eggs in the "brochure says" basket. That disclaimer will break every eggshell with one finger pointed at the bottom of the brochure......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:38 AM   #24
Ramit

Image does not show the steps correct although the swinging exit door is closed and they may not be on, in theory how would you get off the ramp, that picture they are very close to the ground, in reality or mine I'm a good distance off the ground.

As far as wording I don't see the wording I don't see that.
If that was the case my point would be than why wasn't I made aware before during or upon delivery, even though we specifically ordered that.

We are going to a local spot about 30 minutes away, than next Ocala National Forest hopefully the SxS is allowed there, as that changes as they make improvements to the facilities.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:51 AM   #25
Ramit

Less on the brochure and More on the Ordered system we paid extra for, either they installed the wrong or cheaper system, or the dealer ordered the wrong or installed a cheaper one.

If they don't do what is right, not like I will go to court, social media and this forum pops up every time I type in 2019 Keystone Impact 332, that will index and show others.

I need to keep putting those keywords every time

We found steps last night for $350

As far as the Ducted A/C issue when I contacted keystone they said there is no way it doesn't work. But they gave me dealers who can Repair and the purchased dealer was not on the list.

My biggest thing is the ducted A/C and making sure there is no damage as to why I have different tires on one side where the wires were hanging.

The servicing dealer sells Keystone products but does not carry the TT Toy hauler so there wont be any animosity there, they were the first dealer we went to.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:21 AM   #26
wifi_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramit View Post
This is my first Toy Hauler I bought, And that I ordered to be built how I wanted it.

I ordered it with the 2 Ducted Air Conditioners.
But they can't figure out how to make the Ducted A/C work.

Ramp Patio 2.0 with Steps, but they have NO idea where the steps are, you have to jump off the back, or climb up. Brochure shows steps and says Steps come with the package but NO steps. Waiting on a final" resolution
"
Only other issue is it has 3 of the same tires and 1 off tire, same load range just different brand and tread pattern. No idea.
Has 1 switch by door no one knows what it does, was told they put switches in that do nothing. -OK

Also was told they don't include the sewer hose that's extra.

Was told Spare tire is extra but we found it after 5 minutes of searching, under the TT.
Might be all common things that happen.

https://youtu.be/D0QuS6bzIe4

Hopefully the video works.
Again first RV so I called something what they weren't.
The dealer worked out a good price on the unit, we were satisfied with the price vs Ordered options.
Congrats on the new purchase! Sorry to hear you have had a few issues... The switch that you can't figure out what it does, sorry if you figured this one out already, I'll admit I have not read all the responses yet. BUT, does your camper have a motion light below or around the front awning area? It's most likely that.

Regarding the sewer hose, eh. Our 2018 Fuzion didn't come with one either. The stock hoses they give you are a joke anyway. Go find a nice one yourself. I mounted some PVC to the bottom of the trailer to store mine in. Worked well. If I remember, I'll post some pictures of it.

Regarding the one tire being different AND the brake wires hanging down, did this trailer have a blown tire? I know it's new, but that seems odd it would have 1 tire that is different AND wires hanging down.

No other damage underneath is there?
wifi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:53 AM   #27
azchoco

AZChoco

Quote:
This is my first Toy Hauler I bought, And that I ordered to be built how I wanted it.

I ordered it with the 2 Ducted Air Conditioners.
But they can't figure out how to make the Ducted A/C work.

Ramp Patio 2.0 with Steps, but they have NO idea where the steps are, you have to jump off the back, or climb up. Brochure shows steps and says Steps come with the package but NO steps. Waiting on a final" resolution
"
Only other issue is it has 3 of the same tires and 1 off tire, same load range just different brand and tread pattern. No idea.
Has 1 switch by door no one knows what it does, was told they put switches in that do nothing. -OK

Also was told they don't include the sewer hose that's extra.

Was told Spare tire is extra but we found it after 5 minutes of searching, under the TT.
Might be all common things that happen.

https://youtu.be/D0QuS6bzIe4

Hopefully the video works.
Again first RV so I called something what they weren't.
The dealer worked out a good price on the unit, we were satisfied with the price vs Ordered options.
I have a 2016 Keystone Alpine that has the dual 15K a/c's feeding a common ductwork. The thermostat has dual zones, one for the bedroom and bathroom and one for the kitchen, dinning area and livingroom. I thought we would be in hog heaven...wrong.
The bedroom would get freezing and the livingroom/kitchen area only so so.
No one at Camping world could help me out. I finally had to separate the zones by blocking the ducts with foam. This helped a lot. Factory was helpless too. Scratch your head on that when their designing engineers had no solution either!
azchoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:11 AM   #28
sourdough
Site Team

"Next, look at the tongue weight on that trailer and the gvw; 14k gvw; tongue weight 1560 minimum (will be more like 1800-2000 fully loaded)."

Ramit - I was off in the above statement. I added the weights from the Keystone website in my head and somehow came up with 14k instead of 13k - the joys of getting senile

The 1560 is 12% of the 13k gvw which is the least I would think you would want on the hitch (fully loaded) but probably doable (depending on how it tows loaded). At that minimum weight it only leaves you about 900 lbs. for people and stuff before exceeding the payload. With a toyhauler, the toys and all the paraphernalia associated with them that you will want to carry it will probably be difficult to stay within that number - I could be wrong but it is SO easy to have so much required "stuff" that 1000 lbs. would be EASY to hit - especially when including people. Just keep an eye on those weights (scale).

Yes, the Equalizer maxes at 14k as far as I know and 1400 on the bars. I am not familiar with the Blue Ox but if they give you higher alternatives sounds like that's the way to go. As I mentioned, something is wrong with the setup by looking at the pic. When I went to the HD truck I had to get an extended shank for my Equalizer because my trailer sat with the nose in the air. The truck did not squat like yours, but the shank was definitely too short. You may have that issue as well.

As far as the squat, I'm having a hard time figuring that out. It IS an HD truck as mine is. Mine is gas and has a payload of almost 3200 lbs. with about 1200 on the hitch. When hooking up without the WDH it barely drops (it sits tail high - no leveling kit and drops to just about level with trailer on) and looks nothing like yours. Reckon the leveling kit has transferred too much weight to the back causing the droop? Did the mod somehow change the dynamics of the OEM suspension and weaken it as far as towing ability (I can't imagine how)? That situation warrants additional research and inspection. Hope you can get that fixed.

I also hope you get the stairs. Sounds like you are about to go through the dreaded "do I have a good dealer or not" scenario. I wish you luck on that and getting the AC problem resolved.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:32 AM   #29
whcarr

I have a 2017 371 with two airs, to make the ducted outlets work you have to restrict the vents on the aircondionr face plate. Even then its pretty weak. Mine came with the rear steps, they take up so much storage room we no longer use them, just a small step stool. Good luck dealing with keystone, we have had lots of issues and it's been a bad experience, but we really like our unit and it sounds like all manufactureds are just as bad.
whcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:47 AM   #30
Android998

Hey Man,

Great looking Impact! I bought a slightly used 2015 Impact 260 in 2016 and love it. While I didn't really have any of the issues you reported as I didn't buy mine brand new I have had a few of things..

Right out of the gate I was wondering if I had the wrong tow vehicle. I have a 2016 Toyota Tundra that I purchased as I knew my Tacoma would not haul a toy hauler at all. So when searching I was looking at Toy Haulers that were "half ton towable". The minute I left Camping World and headed home on the highway and got up to speed I could tell something wasn't right. My truck looked a lot like yours (squatted way too low in the back). I found that the hitch was not properly adjusted from Camping World. I got it home and read all of the instructions and re-adjusted the hitch and it was much better. I ended up adding air springs to the rear as well and then re-adjusted the hitch again to take into account the air springs. Between the two it's almost perfect in towing now. Only had one pucker moment in the 2.5 seasons I've had with it now and that was crossing the Columbia River into Washington and was blown most of the way into the next lane by a wind gust. But a quick grab of the trailer brakes took care of the way that happened as a result of that. I think that's just the nature of a tall vehicle like that.

In terms of actual issues with the trailer itself.

I had a bubble form under the vinyl in the garage area at the rear of the RV. We happen to live close to the Keystone dealer who sold this unit new (Curtis Trailers in Portland, OR) and even though the unit was not under warranty anymore from Keystone they peeled up the floor and re-glued it down securely at no cost to us.

I had to have the fridge replaced. Luckily the fridge came with a two year warranty from the fridge manufacturer and Curtis Trailers replaced it at the same time they did the floor work.

I had another small leak and had to re-caulk the vent for the range hood. Hasn't leaked since re-caulking.

I had to replace the inverter/charger in the power panel as the AC/DC converter died and was no longer charging the DC system or batteries. I had purchased the Good Sam extended service plan when I purchased the trailer. So I called up Camping World who was not going to be able to get me in for 2 months to look at it so I finally convinced them to just let me buy the part (I didn't want to go July and August without being able to use the electronics) and then I would return the bad part and they would refund me and charge it to the warranty. So I did the work in replacing it myself, it was pretty easy.

Biggest issue to date, and a costly lesson for me... Pay attention to your roof caulking. My front cap developed a leak last winter when the caulking seperated along the trim between the front cap and the side wall. It started right in the corner where the cap meets the trim from the roof and the wall on the curb-side of the trailer (think just up from where the gutter ends in the front). Small leak turned into a larger leak before I realized it, as it was winter and I wasn't in and out of the trailer all the time. Now I have a floor replair project for next winter and some delamination of the fiberglass front. When I found the issue it happened to be a decent weekend and so I quickly caulked it and then inspected. I actually found the caulk was seperating on both sides of the front cap in the same place so I re-caulked the front cap on both sides that weekend.

All in all I've been really happy with this Trailer. I'm a little concerned in what this floor replacement is going to look like this winter but once it's fixed it'll be good as new.

Enjoy!
Android998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:14 AM   #31
xrated

Congrats on the new Impact....it's a good looking TH. OK, here is a possibility for the mystery switch. My 303 has two switches in the ceiling of the sofa slide. One of them turns on the overhead lights (LEDs over the sofa) and the other one was a complete mystery for me for a year and a half until about a month ago. I accidentally turned them both on when I reached up to turn on the lights over the sofa....and didn't realize that both had been turned on. A little while later, I was outside of the trailer and I looked.....and my outside stereo speakers were lit up with Blue LEDs in them. I didn't have the step on and thought it was a bit strange. When I came back in and reached for the switch to turn off the sofa lights, I saw the other switch was on. Hmmm, then it hit me. Maybe that switch is for the outside speaker lights. I turned it of q, went out and looked and no light in the speakers. So the mystery was solved. You might want to try/check that out if you have outdoor speakers.

Now, in regard to your trailer and the empty tongue weight. Depending on what all you load in the garage area, you will acutely lighten the tongue weight....maybe a lot. My normal garage loading includes two motorcycles, the bottom half of a Rio around toolbox, pop up canopy, paddock stands, two spare tires and wheels for my track bike, and 4 paint cans filled with concrete for weights for the pop up when it's windy.. I actually experienced just slightly UNDER 10% of the trailer weight on the tongue and had trailer sway issues because it was so light in the front. I've got it figured out now, but my list of added weight includes two batteries instead of one, two 60 lb sand tubes, one 35 lb barbell weight plate, and I travel with 106 gallons of fresh water to help add weight to the front. My last scale ticket shows that is have right at 11.5% tongue weight.

Holler if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help if I can
Vern
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:20 AM   #32
Ramit

WOW, I didn't get all the notifications I had this many messages.
Need to sit down and read more.

Next Friday will be my Maiden voyage short trip in County before it goes in for work to be repaired from being built. Hopefully Camping World can get it fixed.

2 Months we will take the SxS out to Ocala National Forest that will be the closer bigger trip

I waited a little over a week before posting about who sold this Coach to me to see if they would have any response and I have sent my selling dealer emails and text along with un-returned phone calls.

Doesn't matter if it was $10 or $45,000, I should have received a reply by now of some sort, even a working on it.

Safe to say Alliance Coach in WildWood Florida can care less since the sale is done.

Nothing in regards to anything or any questions I had.

On a better note my Youtube video has some good views and my issues pop up rather quick when searching.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #33
Northofu1

I have a 1500 GMC, my trailer has a tongue weight of 835, I went with the sway pro 1500 for my set up partially because it was cheaper than the 1000 and I would rather oversize that aspect of towing. I'm not saying I'm right, it's just my opinion.
My first tow of the trailer was awesome and hardly felt it on uneven roads and wind. I would have went with the 2000 if I was coupling your set up.
I'm a newbie and have much to learn
P.S.
After looking at your picture, the bars on you wdh don't even look bowed. I would definitely readjust that and you might see and feel improvement. Good luck on your trip

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:42 PM   #34
Ramit

The dealer was pushing the 1000, I called the manufacture (Blue Ox) and told them what I drove VS what I was purchasing: measurements and weight and what I was hauling (weight) they recommended the swaypro 1500, something about too much could make it worse, I also called equalizer and they recommended Blue as well.

Both Blue and Equalizer were great with communication and willingness to help out.
I wont ever purchase another RV where I went but 2 other dealers where we looked and did not find what we wanted have helped out even without a purchase.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:00 PM   #35
Ramit

Update to my 2019 Keystone Impact 332 Toy Hauler.

This is our first RV as adults so still learning but between this site and FB RV forum’s we learn some great and interesting information and ideas.

The dealer made mostly good on our 1 issue with the trailer and brought us steps to use with our Patio, at that time they realized they installed the wrong patio on the toy deck. But after my YouTube video and this post they found they did give us the steps the 1st go around and the support handle the 2nd go around.

The A/C is just now this week getting fixed by a dealer about 2 hours from us, we hope we actually have ducted air.

The radio/DVD/cd unit quit working the 2nd time we used it, we are told they are installing a new one, although the reason for our dead battery after 1 week is the radio clock stays on with the disconnect pulled.

The Freezer we are told really won't get cold enough for ice cream to be kept in there. Fridge gets to about 50 and the freezer to roughly 35. We are told dry ice is the answer.

The stabilizer jack, can't stabilize our unit as it folded the 2nd time we used it on the right rear, Lippert said they sell a reinforcement kit I can buy so that doesn't happen, so they know about this issue.

We accidently found out we are supposed to have a 3rd brake light, otherwise not sure what else the middle light does between the 2 loading lights, aside from 2 dim red lights that come on with the parking lights.

My SxS fits great in there, although the trailer has sway when it's in there, no sway without so need to adjust some weight compensation, we are still well below the recommended nominal and max weight for my particular truck/trailer even with the SxS in there. I want to bring it to a scale and verify the sticker on the trailer along with our cargo/dogs/humans. The truck now has Firestone Bags with onboard air.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:05 PM   #36
Ramit

After towing with my SxS side I see what you were talking about and I will have to add weight to the front of the Trailer as a little breeze and my Impact sways like my dogs tail.

We try not to go over 60MPH cruising in the slow lane with or without the SxS in there, that speed normally keep idiots from getting mad and me from hitting the train horn from someone cutting me off.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:47 PM   #37
JimMach1

Quote:
Update to my 2019 Keystone Impact 332 Toy Hauler.

This is our first RV as adults so still learning but between this site and FB RV forum’s we learn some great and interesting information and ideas.

The dealer made mostly good on our 1 issue with the trailer and brought us steps to use with our Patio, at that time they realized they installed the wrong patio on the toy deck. But after my YouTube video and this post they found they did give us the steps the 1st go around and the support handle the 2nd go around.

The A/C is just now this week getting fixed by a dealer about 2 hours from us, we hope we actually have ducted air.

The radio/DVD/cd unit quit working the 2nd time we used it, we are told they are installing a new one, although the reason for our dead battery after 1 week is the radio clock stays on with the disconnect pulled.

The Freezer we are told really won't get cold enough for ice cream to be kept in there. Fridge gets to about 50 and the freezer to roughly 35. We are told dry ice is the answer.

The stabilizer jack, can't stabilize our unit as it folded the 2nd time we used it on the right rear, Lippert said they sell a reinforcement kit I can buy so that doesn't happen, so they know about this issue.

We accidently found out we are supposed to have a 3rd brake light, otherwise not sure what else the middle light does between the 2 loading lights, aside from 2 dim red lights that come on with the parking lights.

My SxS fits great in there, although the trailer has sway when it's in there, no sway without so need to adjust some weight compensation, we are still well below the recommended nominal and max weight for my particular truck/trailer even with the SxS in there. I want to bring it to a scale and verify the sticker on the trailer along with our cargo/dogs/humans. The truck now has Firestone Bags with onboard air.

My comment I guess is directed at the freezer not being able to keep ice cream that’s bogus we are on our 4th rig I’ve kept ice cream in all of them. We take it for the kids and even the neighbor kids ask for ice cream at the campground. I would check the setting in the refrigerator see if the sensor is all the way to the top. Nothing against the techs on the forum but most of dealers around here know less about your Rv than you do. ( nothing against the guys on here they obviously know what they are talking about.)
JimMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #38
bob91yj

I'll second the freezer comment, the FREEZER only cools to 35* makes it a REFRIGERATOR, IMO. Hell, you can't even make ice at 35*.
bob91yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:20 PM   #39
JRTJH
Site Team

Two comments:

First, there is a long history of balancing toyhauler trailers (not fifth wheels) where some models when empty, will have so much tongue weight they can't be pulled so that when the garage is loaded, they do have enough tongue weight to tow correctly. If you do a forum search, you'll find a number of threads 5, 6 even 7 years ago regarding this problem. One of the "early solutions" was to add sand bags under the front bed when towing with a full garage... Yes, that was actually recommended by the dealer and by Keystone, although hopefully things have advanced since then.... This isn't true on all "bumper pulled toyhaulers" but does/did affect some models.

Second, the refrigerator should cool sufficiently to freeze water, make ice and store ice cream. If it doesn't something's wrong. Whether it's a faulty refrigerator, a installation/venting problem or just the dealer not knowing what to look for, there's a problem. Any absorption refrigerator will cool sufficiently to store ice cream "IF IT'S WORKING RIGHT"... So, don't take the dry ice suggestion as the final word !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:39 PM   #40
JimMach1

Alpine

Wow you’ve had issues! When we bought our 303rls the dealer wouldn’t let us take it home till they gave us a class on operating it they called it. I tried to get out of it I said this is going to be our 4th fifth wheel we’ll be fine, nope you have to ok I said they filled it with water propane and ran ac to show all work. Didn’t stop there they wanted to inspect my truck to make sure it would handle the camper too I said I pulled my trade here same size rig. They replied don’t care still looked over my truck and then put my Anderson hitch on the new one at no extra cost . The best dealer experience we ever had. A little mom and pop Rv dealer in Iowa they are great. They couldn’t get the key to work in the door sent me a new handle with keys and that’s been the only major issue we had with it.
Sorry about your luck with your dealer but they are not all the same we have several close to us but still traveled 3 hrs for this one. Find a good one and stick with them.
JimMach1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac issues, impact 332 toy hauler, keystone