Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2018, 03:41 PM   #1
Smitty75

New camper, first issue (hopefully fixed

So we have had our 22bds for about 2 months, and this week after a heavy rain storm noticed a small puddle of water sitting on the front corner night stand on the left side of the mattress. This is the 2nd time we noticed it, with the first time being brushed off as a spilled cup of water or condensation from the cup (stretch I know, but not other signs of leaking or other damp areas above or below the night stand.

So after seeing the wet spot again today, I climbed up on the roof and found a small spot where the LED lights pass into the front cap that had no caulking (see pic). Funny thing was that before I got on the roof, I called the dealer where we purchased it and he basically said they don’t cover leaks from caulking issues, to which I argued that being a new camper it should be considered a defect, not a maintenance issue. So I’m still pushing on them to inspect and make sure that was the source of the leak as I don’t want to be responsible for what, if anything, is wet behind the wall.

Otherwise we are really impressed with the build quality over our last few camper. So hoping it’s an isolated incident and we will get a lot of good use out of the camper. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3375.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	381.5 KB
ID:	19485
Smitty75 is offline   Reply With Quote