Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2018, 04:43 PM   #1
Getn off

New Sprinter owner with Qs.

Hola fellow Keystone pullers. I purchased a new Sprinter 3551fwmls a couple of weeks ago. Also picked up a new tow rig, 2018 F350 Lariat Dually with the 6.7 Powerstroke. This is our first 5er. Went on our first break in trip this weekend. Had a blast! A few small minor issues for the dealer to look at, but I have a few questions about this trip.
1- both grey tanks leaked as soon as I took off the end cap...about 1-2 gals. Pretty sure this was just left open from the dealer and some residual fluid got past the valve. When I took delivery I noticed the valves were open and shut them at that time.
2-hot water worked when using gas, but not electric. Get luke warm water out of hot side only. I actually tried only electric the first day. Water was city water with tank bypass closed. The little red switch outside in hwh panel was on. Tried to reset with the 2 rubber covered switches, but didn't feel any real switch detent behind so not sure if it worked. I did not check behind the hwh to look for valve position. I assume that if it works on gas, the valves are correct. Hot water switch inside rv was on also. I am guessing a bad element or something. Warranty.
3- many doors and cabinets need a bit of adjusting.
4- inside tv gets planty of channels without a cable, but the outside zero. Tried auto scan and nothing. I am betting a cable is disconnected behind the wall?! Makes no sense that 1 gets 20 and the other none. Yes, amp switch was on in bedroom too. Even tried hooking cable from tv into the "other" spot on wall..1 is cable, 1 satellite I believe.

That was pretty much it. Overall a great weekend. Gonna keep researching about this hwh is my main concern. Hate to burn propane when not needed.

Couple of observations...
1- temp was typical FL day, about 95 during the day. Dual ac's did spectacular (15 and 13.5). Brought cabin down to about 75 in no more than 2 hours. Hell, it was 80 in about 45 mins! Turned off bedroom unit at night.
2- king size oem bed was waaay better than I have been reading about. Granted, I am recovering from back surgey and prefer a firm mattress for a while.
3- this thing has more storage than my house! Absolutely insane amount of storage, above and below.
4- a 3fiddy with the TD is the mack daddy of TVs! Hardly knew it was there...unless I tried to turn of course! Turning is a LOT different than bumper pulls that I am used to.
5- wife is still giddy about this thing! Already booked another weekend for next month. Oh, dog is in love too!

Loaded on our first trip, with full 81 gal fresh water tank, I stopped on a CAT scale to check weight. Did a full weigh of TV and 5er. Then a re weigh wih just the truck. Looks like the truck sits at 8920 with a full tank (48gal), wife (120) dog and bag (100) and hitch (200)---~8100 lb. trailer and truck was 21080. Minus truck (8920) is 12,100. My question is the axel weights. I specifically asked the weigher hiw to weigh each axel. She said to make sure the truck is one one scale, the forward axel on the second, and rear axel on the last...split the axels on two diff scales. Looks like it was correct, but hopefully my axel weights are not correct?! I cant make heads or tails of the receipt. Did I do it wrong?
Just wanted to drop in and say hello, and a big thank you for already helping immensely with pre-camping questions.
We are in the Orlando area fwiw.
Troy

Sorry about the crooked pics. I am the worlds most untechie person and have no idea how to change them, or how to upload mutiple in the same post! Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	188
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	18743  
Getn off is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sprinter