Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2019, 10:09 AM   #1
LHaven

Shelving for triangle bathroom cabinet

We recently purchased a Cougar 26RBSWE. The cabinetry overall is going to take a little getting used to. In particular, the drawers are unusually short, especially in the kitchen — we couldn't find a flatware organizer short enough to fit and had to cut the end off one, and we had to figure out non-drawer places to store a few of our longer knives.

One particular puzzler was the towel cabinet in the bathroom — a triangular affair with plenty of height, very little depth, and no shelves. We looked for a good, long time for insertable shelving that would fit this cabinet (trust me, you don't want to see all the useless hits you get when you Google "triangular shelving" — even when the configuration was what you wanted, it was usually some tiny thing meant to hold soap in the shower).

After literally days of search (turns out the winning phrase was "corner shelving"), we found one unit that looked promising. The seller was not entirely communicative, so we ordered it on blind faith.

We really lucked out. I was expecting to have to saw the uprights shorter, and was worried whether the doors would close; but not only did the shelves fit the space perfectly, the uprights came in two pieces -- I simply left off the top halves, and the resulting unit fit the cabinet with zero modifications whatsoever.

We still have to roll the towels to get them to fit in the cabinet space, but at least we can now stack them without having them avalanche on us every time we open the cabinet.

I don't know which, if any, of the other Cougar models may have this same bathroom cabinet, but I hope my find will be helpful to others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5416.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	20266   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5412.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	20267   Click image for larger version

Name:	71ZjUv97hRL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	73