Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #161
sourdough
Site Team

I am not the driver of the month; I am the poor soul trying to figure out what the guy that doesn't have any idea what speed he is driving for a mile or two is doing and trying to compensate. Not being ugly; not perfect; just apparently more observant than some drivers. All drivers should treat driving as what it is; a very serious and dangerous occupation when you are driving; not a living room conversation, not a dining room experience, not a chance to "catch up" while you while away the hours traveling. Sorry, it's serious business to me and I'm sorry some think it's a good way "kill time" while carrying on, eating, drinking or having a brew....Not here. I think we've probably beat this up and I've pretty much pointed out my view about those that have no idea how fast they drive (inattention) so we can probably move on to the next topic.

Edit: and yes, folks need to understand the ramifications of their actions - the blood, guts and gore. It IS real life and the consequences for inattention.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:20 PM   #162
busterbrown

I think everyone can agree that speed does kill. I think another point of concurrence is that driver distractions greatly increases the risk of a traffic accident and/or fatality. Minimize both and we'll all be safer on North American roads (gotta include our northern brothers and sisters).

It is ironic (and probably true) that even though technology is the root of many traffic incidences, injuries, and deaths, it will ultimately be the tool to minimize what it created. Self driving tech is in its infancy and will be mainstream in all commercial and passenger vehicles in the next 20 to 30 years. Can't wait to the day that my commute is about as risky to my wellbeing as brushing my teeth. Motorists just have to deal with all the knuckleheads in the mean time.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

Old 10-11-2018, 02:26 AM   #163
RagingRobert
Gone Traveling

I wish everyone drove like sourdough...we wouldn't see any blood or guts.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:21 AM   #164
chuckster57
Site Team

Ok. It’s time...locked.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Closed Thread

Tags
tow