Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2019, 12:40 AM   #1
Telco Tech

Central Coast

I'm a new RV owner with a Keystone Cougar 24 ft TT. A lot of things happened this year and part of that was selling my home and putting all my stuff in storage. My camping experience was mostly tent camping with whatever I could fit in under the camper shell in the back of my truck. Now I'm essentially a full-timer and experiencing one of the coldest, snowiest winters in the Calif. high desert in the last ten years. I plan to travel and start staying on the Central Coast starting early 2020 and part of that is taking the time to sell off my stuff in storage. My tow vehicle is a newer 2018 Dodge Ram 2500 4WD R/C 6.4L. I very pleased with it so far. There's always more to learn to make things easier though. Looking forward to any ideas or tips to make my situation easier.

Rich
Telco Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:02 AM   #2
fatcatzzz

You don't say what your work status is, work from road, retired etc. but the biggest advise I can give you is leave California. This is coming from a 68 year old native son of California. There is so much beautiful country out there. A lot of this country is much more pleasant, not to mention cheaper. $2.00 gas, 99 cent milk, and I could make a list a very long list. As the song says "Life is a Highway".
Good luck. Safe travels!
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 03:25 PM   #3
Telco Tech

I've been retired for over ten years. I went through my retirement funds too quickly, but that's a topic for another forum. I was born and raised in So Calif and lived here all my life except for a short stint back east during my military enlistment. Calif is not at all like it used to be and it's sad to see a lot of the negative events going on.
Telco Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:02 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome. If you have questions fire away. We have lots of very knowledgeable, helpful folks here. I used to know a lot of folks in CA years ago when it was still sort of a great place "out west" to experience. That appears to be forever gone and it is a true shame. Going thru retirement funds too quickly is something every retiree fears and dreads. Good luck to you.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 05:15 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum from the Central Valley. Like Danny said, lots of good information and loads of great people here.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote