Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
BamaRam

First time out in new camper - Slideout damaged

It was going too good to be true. We took a short trip to a state park with lots of pine trees. Everything went smoothly until after I cleaned the plant matter from the top of the slides. I used a step ladder with padding leaned against the side of the slide. I left it leaning against the forward end of the front slide and closed the slide.

I think I was fortunate not to have done more damage to the slide. The siding didn't take it well but maybe it can be repaired to some extent.

My concern is what I can't see on the slide mechanism. What I can see is in the pic. Pardon if I don't know what to call everything. The flat outer facing strip that holds the seal is pushed out about 1/4" and has a slight crease. I think I can use clamping and wood blocks to push it back in place.

When I retracted the slide, the forward side was raised towards and almost touching the ceiling.

I checked all the welds, bolts and junctions I could see with it extended and found no visible damage underneath. It still runs smooth without noise or jerking.

It has the Lippert Through Frame Rack.

How bad can it be and what else do I need to look for?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0702.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	16485   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0701.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	16486  

Tags
damage, slide, slideout