Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2018, 09:18 PM   #1
sschmitt

2018 Outback 324CG led awning light strip

We just bought a new 2018 Outback 324CG toy hauler. The led light strip that's under the awning is bright white. Can I change the color on that or is just one color ? There is only 3 remotes with the camper and one is for the stereo, one for the tv and one for fireplace. The main electric panel has a switch for awning light but that's it. Considering what I just paid for the camper I would hope that it changes colors. I didnt think to ask during our walk thru and the guy didn't mention it. Any help on this would ve much appreciated.
sschmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 04:40 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Someone who owns that model will have a better answer but if the LED strip is translucent and you can see the conductors the white only will have 2 and the RGB (color capable) will have 4 conductors.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #3
kraftee

Nope. It’s white. LED strips are cheap though. Put a multi color one up if it’s important. I also have a 2018 324CG and it has been awesome. We do mostly shorter trips to race vintage motocross. Mostly dry camping and the Outback has been perfect for us.
kraftee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:13 PM   #4
Roccos Adventures

is it easy to chance? how would that be done
Roccos Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:24 AM   #5
kraftee

I really haven't climbed a ladder to look at the strip. But first, you'll have to determine how the strip is attached - probably attached with double sided tape plus a little silicone - if it's like the ones on the front. You can either replace it with a single color unit (blue, red, whatever) - in which case you just clip the power leads and pull down the old one. Reconnect the power leads on your new one, pull the plastic off the self adhesive and put it back up in place. Here's one on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/16ft-Long-3...IAAOSwh0Za25Kx. If you want to go with multi color, you will need to wire in the included controller. Here is a kit like you would need: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-RV-...SRkgnQPMkBn_RA
kraftee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led, light, outback