Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
Shoey

2012 255RKS question.

I have a 2012 Sprinter 255 RKS. This model has the rear kitchen. My question is, while driving the refridgerater "check" light always comes on. The fridge works fine on electric, the fridge works fine on propane, when in auto mode, ther fridge switches from electric to propane just fine on power loss. The only time the "checK" light comes on is while driving. Turning the fridge off and on will clear the condition and everything is back to norma.

My thought is because this a rear kitchen the fridge vent cap air slots are front to back. If the same fridge would be on the side of the trailer, the air slots would be side to side. I'm thinking I'm forcing air down the chimney while driving instead of creating a normal low pressure venturi effect from the velocity.

Does anyone else with a rear kitchen have a simular problem? Any thoughts are welcome.
Shoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

We don't have that particular model but do have a rear kitchen and have not experienced the check light behaving like that. However, since no one is in the RV while we are driving, I have no idea whether or not the check light comes on or what it does while we are driving. When we arrive at our destination, the check light is not on. (Assuming we are driving with the fridge operating using propane).
Old 10-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
Beerfix

We have a 2011 255RKS. The only time I fault the fridge is if I try to start it on propane right away after switching a bottle. I light a burner on the range to purge the air out of the lines after having the bottles disconnected. I store the trailer un-plugged with a battery tender on the batteries because I dont trust the converters ability to charge properly, and not boil my batteries. I plug in and start the fridge a couple days ahead of time, but switch to propane when I pull it up the driveway to load up. So I'm already running on propane when we go to leave. Do you insure that the fridge is running before you leave?
Beerfix is offline   Reply With Quote