Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2018, 07:07 PM   #41
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Possible but I don't think very probable. A severed lp hose or line would cause the valve on any modern tank to shut off. If you want to eliminate all the fire risks then you would have to remove every aerosol propellent. Hairy spray, bug spray, cooking sprays, etc. And don't forget to get gel batteries and if you have a fuel station in a toy hauler you better change out that gas tank for a NASCAR approved fuel cell. I have no idea the rate of lp related fires per rv crash but I'd bet it's pretty rare. Maybe a "safety expert" or "crash engineer" will chime in. Seems like there's an abundance of "experts" on the forum.
I think you are on the money. On the other hand, as you observe, we probably have one, or two?, "safety experts" or "safety engineers" that can chime in and "set us straight"? Javi, I know you are an engineer and appreciate that...not one word of this post has anything to do with you....I appreciate you so just tune this out.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:08 PM   #42
Snoking

When propane tank is heated in a fire it starts venting it's gas and adds to the fire. We watched a boat burn to the water line in 1990. As each tank vented the fire flared up a great Neal.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:00 PM   #43
travelin texans

Just one more of the "what if" possibilities of living everyday!
If it was so extremely dangerous they wouldn't build them to run on propane at all.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote