Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2018, 05:57 AM   #1
SmithFamCamper

Unhappy Mice in the ceiling

Unfortunately we had mice in the ceiling. They tore up the insulation and messed up the duct work. Has anyone done their own repairs on the ceiling? I was wondering if there was a way to get up in there and make the needed repairs? I feel it will be terribly expensive to take it to the shop.
Thanks for the help!
SmithFamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:41 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

You might check your comprehensive insurance policy. It may cover the damage. Some do, some don't....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #3
Charby

We had one running around for 2 nights in the middle of 2 week trip this year. I removed ceiling speaker and put 2 traps in ceiling and tied string in a hole on trap so he couldn't get away. Caught it at 1:30am on first night. There may have been a gap under front cap as I sprayed foam it. I left traps for 3 nights and all was quite. I guess we got lucky and no apparent damage in wiring etc. I would check for access holes to make sure no more find their way in. Good luck!
Old 09-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #4
sarahm

mice in ceiling

I found this same problem when I replaced decking on my roof this summer. The end caps sit about 4" away from where the decking sits on the side walls. Allowing anything climbing up the wall access to the ceiling. You can either redo the roof from the decking up. Or remove the ceiling panels. Ceiling panels are held in place w/ wood straps, and a lot of Brad (trim) nails. Either way it is going to be a mess. Hope this helps.
sarahm is offline   Reply With Quote