Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
XSpicy

My First RV

Hi, I am new to the forum and stopping in to introduce myself. I have purchased a used 2006 Copper Canyon Sprinter (Model 2491RKS - 26 footer w. one slide out). I bought this TT at auction so no one gave me a walk through or explained the systems. I have been doing a lot of research on line and have ordered "RV 101" video that I hope helps me out. We are checking out the systems now. Would appreciate any pointers.
XSpicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. Although it may be a bit late for you to use, there is a Pre-Delivery Inspection checklist available on the forum (from Flyguy's website) which may be of some help. If you have any friends who own RV's and who may assist you with becoming familiar with the various components and systems that might be another route for you to consider.
If you can think of any specific questions to ask, make a list and post them here. Our members would be more than willing to assist. Without knowing your previous RVing experience, it is difficult to give you general pointers. It looks like you are off in the right direction, however.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
andyrad

I am also new to the RV scene and the first time out we discovered the 12 volt systems and the 110 volt systems work at the same time, yet independently and in unison. We were blowing a breaker and it took a while for me to figure it out as most of the trailer was still operational. It turned out the AC heat pump, space heater, and fireplace had tripped the 30 amp outside breaker on the hookups. I was looking all over the place for fuses and breakers in the trailer when the problem was outside. Little stuff like that is still going to catch me out as we slip and slide into camping season (a foot of snow forecast for today and tonight) but looking forward to the learning curve.
andyrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
Handysam

Welcome to the forums. You would be surprised what you can find right here by just doing a search through the various topics. Happy Camping, Sam