Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2017, 05:13 PM   #1
Double b

What is actually the laws

Well we live in Ontario and tried to switch the plate to high rating on the new truck so I could tow everything legally. Don't thing I have it right.

Took the trailer with full water and mostly packed. Truck had half a tank of fuel and the bed was empty and left 4 of the beefier passengers at home. Here is the cat scale slip; Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1493.jpg
Views:	1177
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	13186

I had the truck plate rating switched yesterday to 6800 kg or 14900 lbs. it need to go up to 21000 by my figures to be safe and no get a ticket.

My question is why the lady at the service Ontario counter talked me out of this.

I know I need to get an inspection of the truck. Cost another $100+ for inspection from truck dealer. Do I need another for trailer? Also do I need a commercial license as well? Lady said I might.

To say the least I'm very confused about getting this stuff sorted out in Ontario. Any help would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Double b is offline   Reply With Quote