Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2013, 05:53 AM   #41
C130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
So what about the guy on the first page doing it with an F250 ?

I tow my 2013 395LEV with a 2011 F250 with no problems. I put Firestone air bags on it also. I was passing a 18 wheeler with a house on it. Going up hill, next thang I knew I was going 85, with out full power. Just watch your braking distance...
Here is a pic.
And you are so far overweight it's not even funny. I see it all the time and have friends that pull 41 foot toy haulers with F250's. I'm not judging anyone but it's WAY over the limit and I wouldn't even think about pulling a toy hauler that big with an F250. I pull a 2011 Fuzion 322 and I am barely within the limits and that's not a guarantee. I just got weighted and my pin weight on the rear axle was over the limit. I had 2 adults, 2 kids, full tank of diesel and not much in the garage of the toy hauler. I had also just emptied the fresh water tank in the toy hauler which is in the rear so assume that would take some of the weight off the rear axle. Gray water and black water tanks were empty. My total weight was over 22,000 pounds but I didn't unhook the trailer to weigh separately. I'd have to look at the weigh sheet but believe the rear axle was 6400 pounds and think the limit is around 6150. I had some firewood and a tool box in the bed also. I've got the 20" tires so I believe the axle is the limiting weight. I had 4 bicycles in the rear and some other stuff, non of it weighing much at all. I did have the generator tank full of gas. It was my first time weighing and think I need to load more in the garage but really don't carry a lot camping as far as weight goes. Also carry dirt bikes but that's only when we are riding or racing.

Anyone know the average rear axle weight on a 2011 F250 Crew Cab 4X4 without anything hooked up?
C130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #42
JANKEII

Just an update on how the F250 with airbags is pulling the 395LEV. I am getting around 8mpg going 65 to 70mph. 7.5 going into the wind and 8.5 with the wind. Trailer has no sway with a cross wind.
My old TT which was a 28' Outback would get 9mph and sway like crazy in a cross wind.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #43
Murf

Your engine will pull it fine, your axle will eventually buckle as you are 1000-1500lbs over the payload of your truck. Your payload sticker in your door says around 2400 and the dry hitch weight of your trailer is 3560, add your family and belongings into your truck and your asking for something to snap.
Murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #44
JANKEII

My rear GAWR is 6100# and front I think is 5500#. So adding the bed, fuel, hitch, and trailer I should be in the ball park. Front will cover engine and everything in the cab.

By ford specs I can tow 16,100# 5th wheel. Dry weight on the trailer is 14,610#.
I think I'm right at my GVWR, but I have not gone to the scales yet.

Yes, The truck really sags with out the air bags. The air bags are the ticket.

Again, just watch the distance in braking. Been in numerous traffic jams, and having to slow down because of people not watching what they were doing. I feel the truck has no problem doing everything, I would expect out of a truck.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #45
Scott L

Over loaded

You really need to get the weight checked on the rear wheels with the trailer hooked up and total weight. I bet you are over on both accounts. The motor can handle it but the rear axle(especially the axle bearing) and tires can NOT. You blow a rear tire on that and you are going to get someone hurt!!! Better to be safe than SORRY!!!!