Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2018, 07:03 PM   #1
RvRookies

2670BH Floor vents

Hey y'all, We're looking at upgrading from the 175BH and have been eyeing the 2670BH. Wondering if anyone has ever had an issue with their kids or themselves ruining a toe or foot by kicking or getting a toe stuck in the vent openings given the location of the vents (basically in the middle of the floor)? Thanks in advance!
RvRookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:22 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

I no longer camp with kids, but I used to. I never had the problem you posted. We did however have a member recently that was worried that the vent got so hot it would roast his child. Of course I don't think that would happen but if you are super worried about things like that I would take a close look at how these things are vented and your tolerance for "danger". Homes and RVs have came with floor vents for many, many decades. I'm not aware of anyone losing toes, or, being roasted by them. They're there, they get warm, and you adapt; and, in the middle of the floor is probably where you want them for maximum air distribution in cold weather. Hopefully you can find something that you are comfortable with. Kids are smart, learn quick and resilient.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:25 PM   #3
dwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvRookies View Post
Hey y'all, We're looking at upgrading from the 175BH and have been eyeing the 2670BH. Wondering if anyone has ever had an issue with their kids or themselves ruining a toe or foot by kicking or getting a toe stuck in the vent openings given the location of the vents (basically in the middle of the floor)? Thanks in advance!

I have vents in the walkway of mine as well. My original vents would bend and break so I purchased new vents from HD that were better quality and never had any more issues.
dwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:38 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Like sourdough, I’ve had vents in the middle of the floor. In the last two trailers spanning 20 years, No kid or grandkid has hurt themselves.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:54 PM   #5
Hootie

I did not have that problem, mine wanted to hide things in there and stick things in there, that was my biggest issue with them, it did not take long to correct that issue.
Hootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:16 PM   #6
RvRookies

Thanks for the information everyone. It is very much appreciated! Sounds like I definitely need to switch them out to a more durable vent but overall its transparent to the daily living? Do any of you guys ever get annoyed by stepping on them all the time or is it not really that bothersome?
RvRookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:04 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks for the information everyone. It is very much appreciated! Sounds like I definitely need to switch them out to a more durable vent but overall its transparent to the daily living? Do any of you guys ever get annoyed by stepping on them all the time or is it not really that bothersome?
Mine are in the middle of the floor and no issues other than quality. Replaced ours with sturdier vents from Home Dept. The register in living room gets covered with a rug runner in summer and rolled up if heat is required. If the temp of the register is a concern they do sell wood registers that won't get hot from the air.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Having said what I said previously, I will say that the vents can get a little annoying to me. Ours are in the middle of the floor and I've not changed the registers to more durable ones. I knew they were weak the first time I stepped on one and it flexed......and I watched a guy at CW in Tallahassee come out of a fancy Class A with an armload of bent up registers on my first trip out, that confirmed they were weak.

My annoyance comes from trying to step around them so I don't bend them. I don't always miss and seems DW is always right there to see it and gripe at me. One of these days I'll change them out but so far I haven't gotten that irritated. I think, as was mentioned above, that you might have more problems with it being an excellent hiding place for a child. Heck, my doggie likes them too; when it's cold she likes to pull her blanket close to a vent and snooze. When they're not running she's like to snoot them wondering "what's down there". For DW, she likes me to remove the registers so she can clean them out when she vacuums. All you never wanted to know about a heater register...
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:44 AM   #9
travelin texans

I put black screen on the back of all of ours as it seemed that everything we dropped ALWAYS fell into the vent even from across the room.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #10
jamcbride

I bought this same rig last year and is a 2016. Those registers are in awkward spots. Like others said....I replaced with sturdier ones. Good luck!!
Old 05-15-2018, 10:57 PM   #11
thebrodz

My 3 year old daughter sliced her foot quite bad tonight as we were loading up our Cougar 25BHSWE. Floor vent is metal and sharp edges seem to sit up a bit off the floor (bent??).

Any good suggestions on replacements or a way to fix this?
thebrodz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, vent