Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2018, 08:05 AM   #21
quball19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo57 View Post
I'm a campground host here in Maine. After labor day weekend it gets really quiet and we have about six weeks in the campground with very few campers. It's our time to enjoy and relax after a busy summer. It looks like after tomorrow the hot summer muggy temperatures will be gone and fall will be here!

Looking forward to a month or so of beautiful cool camping weather before the campground closes down in the middle of October.
We just left Maine, what campground do you host at?
quball19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:45 AM   #22
dmf55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Well before we went full time, we would go any time of year here in the PNW. Depending on the year and number of cold spells I would blow the lines, once to four times during the winter.
Now that we full time we spend the winter on the Oregon Coast!

This will be the view out our Kitchen window for January and February this coming year.

Where is that? We live in Portland too. I am game to go cold weather camping but am having a hard time convincing the hubster that it will be fun.
dmf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #23
rmhaney

Just starting

Taking the Sprinter 5ver to West Kansas and Louisville at least one more time and they to Florida for Christmas. May start thinking about winterizing after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Hammer View Post
Well boys, another great camping season is in the books. Alas, it's time to put our Passport to bed for the winter.. the chill is already in the air in ND!

I hope everyone had a fun and (mostly) stress free summer.. Post any fun trips you had to the Dakotas/Montana/Minnesota so I can get to planning and daydreaming about next season!
rmhaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:35 PM   #24
Rubicon100

Last year I didn't bring ours home until December 23rd. We usually take it to our hunting property in October but I started chemotherapy today so I'm thinking this might be the first deer season opener I've missed since I was a teenager. I'll definitely have camp set up so the kids can ride their atv's and any time spent camping with the kids is priceless.
2017 2670bh pulling with a 2012 Silverado crew cab 4x4 with the factory tow package. Upgraded to 3.73,s after market trans cooler. All fluids changed to valvolene synthetic. Air lift 2000 bags and an equalizer 4 point hitch.
Rubicon100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #25
DocP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon100 View Post
Last year I didn't bring ours home until December 23rd. We usually take it to our hunting property in October but I started chemotherapy today so I'm thinking this might be the first deer season opener I've missed since I was a teenager. I'll definitely have camp set up so the kids can ride their atv's and any time spent camping with the kids is priceless.
Off topic, but good luck with the chemotherapy and recovery. I'm only less than 2 years from having been there myself, and wish you the very best.
DocP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:39 PM   #26
Steveo57

Quote:
Originally Posted by quball19 View Post
We just left Maine, what campground do you host at?
I'm at Sebago Lake State Park just inland from Portland about 30 miles. It's still in the 70s here this week but some areas have seen a frosty morning already.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:31 PM   #27
Rubicon100

Thank you Docp, I appreciate it. Dan
2017 2670bh pulling with a 2012 Silverado crew cab 4x4 with the factory tow package. Upgraded to 3.73,s after market trans cooler. All fluids changed to valvolene synthetic. Air lift 2000 bags and an equalizer 4 point hitch.
Rubicon100 is offline   Reply With Quote