Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2018, 07:08 AM   #1
katina

Setup on concrete, AC drip extension

Do I need to put my stabilizers on pieces of wood if I'm set up on concrete?
I have my Springdale in a permanent spot.

My AC drips down in a bad spot by my trailer. Are there gutter extensions I can put on the end and divert it? See pic

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv guttr 1.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	17661   Click image for larger version

Name:	rv guttr 2.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	17662  
katina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 07:20 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Nothing would be "required" under the stabilizers. I always put something under mine to get them off the ground but I'm not generally on concrete.

They make extended, and longer extensions for the gutter. I put extended on mine but they still don't quite make it over my front light fixture. There was a post, I believe on this forum, the other day about using a length of clear tubing from the hardware store that fits over the end of the existing extension - I think it said about 4". I intend to use about 3" or so I think. Slide/force it over the end of the existing spout and glue. I had been looking for even longer ones than I have but believe this may be a better, and easier, solution. The new spouts require cutting the sealant loose, removing the screws from the gutter etc. I like sliding it over the spout and gluing it...
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:43 AM   #3
travelin texans

The redneck solution is put a clothes pin on the end the the existing gutter spout. It may not look too cool, but it would give you an approximate length for the tubing.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
UsTwo

There are extensions, but they don't extend to my liking. I went to my fav. hardware store and got the clear tubing, slid them over the gutter extenders, they work great. or you can use a clothes pin. I just wanted to keep water away from the storage box..

Craig
Kathie
2013 Keystone Cougar
X-Lite 31 RKS
UsTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:33 AM   #5
Bisjoe

I have 10 of the leveling blocks, and when not needed for under tires, will use four of them for under the pads. I haven't been on concrete but still use them for grass, dirt or gravel, if only to protect the steel from sitting in water or getting scratched up on the bottom. Pieces of wood should work too.

Bisjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:35 AM   #6
pikespeakviewer

Use pool noodles to extend your gutters! Sure, they aren't the prettiest, but they are easy to use and cheap!!

Probably not what you want for a permanent spot!

It was rain cats & dogs July long weekend, and I have a hard time sleeping with the drip drip drip right outside my window!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gutter.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	17685  
Old 07-27-2018, 09:53 AM   #7
Ken / Claudia

Gutter extensions are around 10 bucks on the web or at RV stores. Or make your own. This was me I place a RV on a beach lot and place additional supports along each frame rail and wood blocks under the jacks. The wood blocks prevent rain run off from rusting out the metal jacks in contact with the ground. Needed no, wanted yes. I never moved that 28 ft RV so the extra supports made a difference in having a more solid flooring. If moving yearly I may not have done it. I also shirted the trailer and had the tires on wood.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:33 AM   #8
rogeru

I have found that regarding the extension of the stabilizers, the shorter distance that they are spread gives the most stability when walking around inside the trailer. I use 4x4 wood blocks for mine - on concrete or on anything. Sometimes I only lower the stabilizers a few inches. This setup works well for me, and our 34 ft. TT. Just my 2cw....
rogeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:56 PM   #9
rsl

Make sure you put your trailer tires on wood or something, so they are not right on the concrete if this is a long term thing.
rsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 08:53 PM   #10
Mates Family

I park my 5er on Concrete all the time. I use either wood or plastic blocks every time. This keeps the metal pads from transferring nasty rust stains to my concrete driveway.
Mates Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:45 AM   #11
Frank G

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsl View Post
Make sure you put your trailer tires on wood or something, so they are not right on the concrete if this is a long term thing.
Could you explain this a little more, I am about ready to park ours in Florida for a year or two. Is 6 months to long?
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 01:56 PM   #12
johnlewis

I use wood under the stabilizers even on concrete. Avoids the possibility of a rust stain when I leave. Want to leave the site as nice as when I got there.
rsl is right - you need to put wood or plastic (preferably wood) under your tires, to prevent degradation of the tires. Concrete isn't as bad as asphalt in this respect, but the tires will degrade faster if you don't get them off the concrete.
johnlewis is offline   Reply With Quote