Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2018, 08:57 AM   #21
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmith2054 View Post
Just bought one of those Champion Dual Fuel generators, mainly because it has a 30 amp RV outlet, secondly the dual fuel option. Have not done a Consumer Reports type test yet, but it runs very quiet when running my RV A/C, microwave, both TV’s, and all lights, while using LP as the fuel source. It is rated for 10.5 hours at 50% load on a 20lb LP tank.
It runs quieter at full load than my wife’s snoring at no load!
I have the same Champion that I bought for use with the RV. They sell them at Tractor Supply in my neck of the woods. Since the power has gone off at the house so many times, I co-opted the generator for powering the house when power goes out; we live rural and sometimes it can be a day or two.

I had an electrician come in and install a transfer switch so when the power goes out, I fire up the generator and let it run a few tics then plug it in. I then go to the transfer switch and cut in the circuits we need. Of course, the little generator can't power the A/C, electric stove or microwave which are all on separate circuit breakers of course so I have the bedrooms (my computer/router is in one), the living room, the kitchen minus the big stuff and our bedroom where there is a 5K BTU room A/C in the window. We can watch TV in the bedroom in comfort when the power goes out and the fridge keeps cooling. Cooking is done on a Coleman camp stove (butane). Still have the computer and internet. Of course, my well pump is not going to work (240V) but I am going to put a pipe between my 3000 gallon holding tank and the pipe that runs to the house so we can gravity feed some water for toilet flushing. No electric hot water of course... but still can take a shower and such.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 09:11 AM   #22
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
As far as generators I bought two ai powers that are Yamaha powered. Just doing the break in but they seem to be working awesome and in parallel they ruin the ac no issue.
Certainly hope it doesn't "ruin" your acs??? Damn auto correct!#
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator