Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 06-30-2019, 07:12 AM   #91
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
No you will never be able to drive a dually, surprised you drive what you have because you have convinced yourself it just so huge!!
They are not much larger than a standard 3500 just wider at the hips, no wider than your trailer. On a 10í bridge I would have had 1í on each side lots of room.
My DW drives ours all time without issue, DD drives here a lot and tows 4 horse GN trailer with living quarters.
Hair pin curve you missed my point . I made it through with in a few inches with sharp turn. I get my toyhuler out of the poll barn around 10 KMiles a year . This trip is right at 6 k when finished . I expect your DW has more skill then because of your negative thinking . Confidence is the key but a Dully will not go where a SRW my point stands firm.

roadglide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:38 AM   #92
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
Hair pin curve you missed my point . I made it through with in a few inches with sharp turn. I get my toyhuler out of the poll barn around 10 KMiles a year . This trip is right at 6 k when finished . I expect your DW has more skill then because of your negative thinking . Confidence is the key but a Dully will not go where a SRW my point stands firm.
96 inches is 96 inches, 102 inches is 102 inches. If the trailer fits, so does the dually when it comes to width...

Now if you're talking length then it ain't all that applicable to the extra wheels...

Old 06-30-2019, 07:51 AM   #93
sonofcy

His point I think was that the DUALLY is exactly the same width as the trailer so if the DUALLY won't go neither will the trailer making the SRW, DRW decision moot.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:14 AM   #94
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofcy View Post
His point I think was that the DUALLY is exactly the same width as the trailer so if the DUALLY won't go neither will the trailer making the SRW, DRW decision moot.
going straight but I can tell you the SRW will make it through tighter narrow area radius with a fifer then DRW.
That is my point .
Old 06-30-2019, 09:53 AM   #95
Javi

Okay I get it... the world is flat..
Old 06-30-2019, 06:53 PM   #96
roadglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Okay I get it... the world is flat..
Correct fifer length is a factor . I missed the sign nothing over 22 foot but the ranger was impressed with my driving skills but not with the damage I did to some tree limbs . I’m glad the mistake took place in Tennessee and not California. I’m just thankful I don’t have a dully.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:39 PM   #97
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscommon48 View Post
it is all personal preference. if you like the dually, get it. if you like the srw get it.

our truck is the only vehicle we have so I would Never get a dually...they are a pain as far as I can see. I SRW will do just fine.
Well it is all personal preference, there is a point which a 5er becomes too much for a SRW.
Our DRW is also our only vehicle, no it isnít a Smart Car, but the more we drive it the smaller it gets. I donít make it a habit to park in the front row at the grocery store or hardware store, but have done it many times.

Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote