Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 06-25-2019, 05:13 AM   #31
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
Our last 5er came with a Furrion and that miserable little remote. I found this one, which made all the difference

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...xoCaCMQAvD_BwE

Our new Monty actually came with 2 of these nicer remotes
Thanks for that link, Im going to try it.

Old 06-25-2019, 05:34 AM   #32
jsb5717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pare View Post
I too have a Furrion DV-3300 piece of crap. Tell me, can anyone even read the remote controls without 10 power magnifying glass? And who decided to put any color lettering on a gray background? The bluetooth function is worthless...cant even con ect to it from the doorway, much less from outside. VERY DISAPPOINTED! This unit should never be found in a Montana.
Sadly there aren't really many viable options in this category. And none of the contenders seem to rate high enough to be a clear quality leader. I sometimes wonder if the issue is the initial build quality (likely driven by coach manufacturers budget demands) or these units being subjected to the bouncing and bumping of the ride. Maybe it's both.

Andersen Ultimate Hitch on B&W Turnover Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:59 PM   #33
GeekSquadOfUn

Clearly the RV industry in general in looking for nickel and dimes, and has for years. In my previous coaches I had the infamous Concertone radios and DVD players, they were all terrible. Furrion is just another marketing scheme to service the RV industry with the lowest quality, best looking crap. If they wanted, they would put brand names, like Sony or Pioneer who make very good 12V systems. They would put decent tires, not cheap low quality tires. The RV industry is a bit like the Big 3 car makers in the 70s. Still hoping for a turnaround one day.
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:01 AM   #34
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
Sadly there aren't really many viable options in this category. And none of the contenders seem to rate high enough to be a clear quality leader. I sometimes wonder if the issue is the initial build quality (likely driven by coach manufacturers budget demands) or these units being subjected to the bouncing and bumping of the ride. Maybe it's both.
I'm sure the bumping around doesn't help the low quality junk components that go into them, but let's face it, No Amount of bumping around is going to knock the low wattage output out of the already feeble output of the system. You start out with low quality junk, you end up with low quality junk........that doesn't work very long.

Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote