Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
2hoops

Dealer Network Breakdown

Yes I joined this forum to ramble, yes I'm frustrated and really dissapointed.
Short story about Keystone Dealer Networks.
We decided to trade our 37 ft Motorhome and get a smaller 5th. Decided on Loredo 270SLR. Our Local Keystone Dealer would not consider a trade. At a RV Show we talked to another Keystone Dealer who made us an offer we could not resist.
Cut to April and spring thaw. Found that the grey water shut off does not work. Our Keystone Dealer who sold us the unit (3 hours away) referred us to my local dealer for repairs. He (our local dealer) refused to do the work because we did not buy the unit from them.
Cut to Keystone Customer Service. They suggested I go to any other RV Service Center have them provide an estimate on cost to repair and only after Keystone approval could the work could be done. That leaves me wide open for repair estimate cost with no guarantee of work completed. At no time did Keystome suggest they would be my advocate. After many Email with only one short response from Customer Service I sense I've been cut loose by Keystone.
My Ford Dealer sure doesn't care were I bought my truck. He likes the sound of money.
SO the lesson is - if your travelling and have a problem with your Keystone you had better turn around and head home. In my opinion Keystone is not a Customer nor a Service Dealership its a Sales Network.
Take no comfort from the Keystone marque when you'r on the road.
2hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

1. Welcome to the forum. We are a group of Keystone owners and "wanna-be's" who use the forum to communicate, exchange ideas and get help on topics ranging from "what's for supper" to "technical issues with my TV and stereo" and most things "in between"... Usually, someone has experienced the problem or knows enough about the issue to offer some advice on how to resolve it and get back to camping.

2. Keystone Corporation is not a member here, they do not monitor this site (that any of us know about) and they don't have any interest or influence in how this forum works.

3. Your issues with a local dealership not working on an RV purchased elsewhere is not uncommon. It happens throughout the RV industry, possibly more often with Keystone, but there's not much anyone here can do to influence a change in how a specific dealer runs his service department.

4. If you care to describe what symptoms you're having with your gray water valve, someone here may have a quick and simple fix that you can do. It's expensive to tow an RV any distance for service. If the repair time and effort is significantly less than the cost of transportation, it usually makes economic sense to repair it yourself rather than spend the money to tow it somewhere for a "quick in and out".... Often, the repair you do is much more professionally completed than that done by a "disinterested serviceman" at a dealership that has no vested interest in your well-being or in your return business.

Again, welcome to the forum, we're happy you joined, sorry for your problems and ready to help you if we can.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #3
Ram189

The biggest difference I have seen between cars and RVs is that the RV dealers are really just independant dealers that sell a little of everything and sublet the work for the manufactures. I don't think there is much if any money in warranty repairs like there are in cars. There is minimal routine maintance, ect either.
Most RV dealers make all their money selling whereas cars make it all in service/parts.

Not how I would run my railroad but I am a service manager at recall central so I see things different.

https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps110a0f22.jpg
Ram189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:13 AM   #4
SAABDOCTOR

HI AND to the forum. sorry to hear about your trouble. I too run a small auto repair shop and have worked as a service manager at some auto dealers.The rv industry always has me wondering how they survive. I can't fatom turning work away because you did not buy it here. but that's the way they do it. My dealer is 4 hours round trip. They are a good dealer but at up and back twice that's a whole day of driving! As John said tell us the problem as best you can and someone here will offer up a solution. Unless it is some thing catostrofic. most of us fix it our selves. the repair is often far better and you will learn to take care of your trailer over time. What i have learned over the years is no one cares about your trailer better than you. pull up a stump grab anadult bevverage and ask questions we will be glad to help and after the cool one you won't be so fustrated! or you can keep good luck and enjoy Barney
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #5
bcbbmom

I feel your pain. I have a 3-month-old Fuzion that I bought 6 hours from where I live. We had to pay out of pocket for a new air conditioner, because the original never worked, not once. We chose to go to a dealer 30 minutes from here, instead of spending hours on the road taking it to a Keystone dealer. Trying to get reimbursed from Keystone was ridiculous, but thankfully finally got in touch with the boss, so apparently the check's on the way. We'll see. On top of that, we've lost 2 windows just driving down the road. They refuse to pay for those,even though I'm learning that this is quite an issue with these frameless windows. At this point, if I could drop off my unit at the dealer and get my check back, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Not looking forward to dealing with this company on any further issues, which I'm sure we'll have.

Good luck to you!
bcbbmom is offline   Reply With Quote