Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
GMcKenzie

Leavenworth WA

So, as part of my trip to the Oregon coast, I want to stop in Leavenworth for a couple of days.

I see 2 local campgrounds. One a KOA for ~$80 a night and one (Alpine) other for ~$40 a night.

Any recommendations or other options?

Thanks.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:28 PM   #2
theallde

Try campgroundreviews.com to compare comments from rv'ers.
theallde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #3
Eddie A.

We a Stayed at that Pine Village KOA in December for 2 nights for the Festival of Lights. It has a great location close to Safeway and only about a mile from downtown Leavenworth. You do have to drive through a neighborhood to get to the campground and it may be a bit tight for a rig over about 25'. We plan to stay at Alpine this year but haven't in the past. I can tell you that Alpine is right off Hwy 2 across the street from Safeway and shouldn't have any issues no matter the size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Eddie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:02 PM   #4
Eddie A.

Also check out www.campgroundviews.com to see pics and drive through videos of many campgrounds

Old 03-01-2017, 02:03 PM   #5
Janet H
Site Team

I camp in that area fairly often. If you don't mind being a few miles away I would stay here: http://wenatcheeriverpark.org/
You can read reviews here: http://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions...er-county-park

It's beautiful, green grassy and well maintained. There is inner tubing in the campground.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:46 PM   #6
GMcKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie A. View Post
We a Stayed at that Pine Village KOA in December for 2 nights for the Festival of Lights. It has a great location close to Safeway and only about a mile from downtown Leavenworth. You do have to drive through a neighborhood to get to the campground and it may be a bit tight for a rig over about 25'. We plan to stay at Alpine this year but haven't in the past. I can tell you that Alpine is right off Hwy 2 across the street from Safeway and shouldn't have any issues no matter the size.

My trailer is 34'4", so maybe the Alpine is a better choice.

Thanks.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:53 PM   #7
Eddie A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcKenzie View Post
My trailer is 34'4", so maybe the Alpine is a better choice.

Thanks.

Also if you could squeeze in, the KOA is a decent camp ground but I don't know that I'd part with $80 per night to stay there. It was only $35 per night in the December (because of off season I guess)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2017, 09:04 AM   #8
1st Chev Diesel

We stayed in Leavenworth one night on a trip from Seattle. We went to the KOA first and were ready to register when they told us it would be $80.00 US. We politely declined and went to Icicle River (a Good Sam park 9/9.5/9.5) and paid half what KOA wanted. We just wanted a place to stop for the night.This park is in Leavenworth. Check out their web site.

http://www.goodsamclub.com/travel/ca...ting2perfect=0

Gary
1st Chev Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:32 AM   #9
GMcKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Chev Diesel View Post
We stayed in Leavenworth one night on a trip from Seattle. We went to the KOA first and were ready to register when they told us it would be $80.00 US. We politely declined and went to Icicle River (a Good Sam park 9/9.5/9.5) and paid half what KOA wanted. We just wanted a place to stop for the night.This park is in Leavenworth. Check out their web site.

http://www.goodsamclub.com/travel/ca...ting2perfect=0

Gary
Do you have to be a Good Sam member?

I see the answer is no. Looks like a good site. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:50 AM   #10
1st Chev Diesel

You do not have to be a Good Sam member to stay there. The membership gets you a 10% discount on the campground fee at any "Good Sam Park".

Gary
1st Chev Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:33 AM   #11
concours

We have stayed at Icicle River Campground a few times but not for the last 3 years. The campground was very clean and well maintained the staff were very friendly and helpful
event to the point of guiding you into your site
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 05:18 AM   #12
GMcKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by concours View Post
We have stayed at Icicle River Campground a few times but not for the last 3 years. The campground was very clean and well maintained the staff were very friendly and helpful
event to the point of guiding you into your site
Question for you. Did you come straight back to K-Town from there? Did it take much more than ~ 5hours to get back and through the border? I know the border is a bit of a crap shoot, but trying to decide if I come back my last day of vacation or a day earlier so I have time to clean things up before going to work on the Monday.

Thanks.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:02 AM   #13
concours

Yes we would have gone directly home from there and crossed at Osoyoos. The boarder isn't as busy these days due to the exchange rate but we have never been there more than 45 min. When we arrived back home last March it was a 5 min delay.
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #14
Koladog

I would definitely stay at Icicle River CG over the KOA. We had a spot right by the river with a fire pit on a nice grassy site. Our site was only 30 amps. The one beside us was 50 amps which we were told to not use even though no one showed up to to take that spot for the 2 days we were there (power posts were right beside each other which means for that spot you had to pull forward into). The hosts were nice and they helped you into your site.
We drove through the KOA campground to see what our options were for the next time we are in this area. The KOA is tight, not as clean, and expensive. We were glad we were at Icicle River.