Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 05-15-2019, 11:24 AM   #21
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Most fivers have a tank on each side at the front of the unit. My old 97 Jayco 323RKS had both on the curb side at the front and 2 batteries on the curb side just behind the axles.

Yeah thought it was odd my 5th has both tanks on drivers side.

Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:04 PM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Most fivers have a tank on each side at the front of the unit. My old 97 Jayco 323RKS had both on the curb side at the front and 2 batteries on the curb side just behind the axles.
My Cougar XLite is configured the same way. Both propane tanks are on the driver's side and the battery compartment is on the curb side. Both are at the very front corners of the trailer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:23 PM   #23
gkainz

My Laredo has both 30 lb bottles on the drivers side front corner and the 1 original battery box right next to it inboard. I added 2 more batteries from there to about amidship.
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:52 PM   #24
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_frank_d View Post
My OP referencing "long trips" is a bit vague, I admit, but it's clearly not about the money. More explicitly stated, when camping at 9000 feet and 50 miles from the nearest propane, I want to have the most capacity possible without dragging the extra weight/inconvenience of more tanks through the mountains. Money isn't the primary motive for the thread, but just to maintain factual accuracy for the discussion, the per-unit price of propane for exchange is almost double that of a refill (~$21 per 20lb exchange vs. $12 refill, not just $1-$2 difference)

I get it. I used to do the same thing and needed the max on everything I took to last as long as it could before I made that 70 mile drive to get gas, groceries, ice, LP etc.

I'm thinking though that I would try to go with the larger tanks. They are heavier, but not that much unless you are just loaded to the max.

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, tank