Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2017, 06:37 AM   #1
Cdentler

Water pump issues

I found my water pump and it is an Artis PDS1-130-1240E. When I turn the water on it seems like it has good pressure and then goes into a violent rattle and I start getting air out of the faucet with the water and then it goes back to normal and starts shaking again. (Water flow never stops). I have a hose that I suspect is for winterization but I’m not 100%. It also randomly turns on for a second. How do I fix this issue and what other info do y’all need to help out?

It won’t let me upload a video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cdentler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:19 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It sounds like you've got some trash in the pump head. From what I can find, the ARTIS/ARTERRA company is a "newcomer" to Elkhart and the RV industry. The parent company is WFCO, the maker of most of the power centers/converters used in the RV industry. https://artisproducts.com/pages/about-us

There are no specific troubleshooting instructions included in the owner's manual that address "rough running" and the pump only has a 1 year warranty. It is produced by a "new company in China" for ARTIS. So, there are a couple of solutions. First, if you're in warranty, do you want to take it back to the dealer for service? If not, then remove the pump, it's held in place by 4 #2 Roberts square drive screws under the pump motor. Then disassemble the pump head, clean out any debris that you find in the diaphragm and reassemble. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO HOW IT COMES APART SO YOU CAN REASSEMBLE WITHOUT "SPARE PARTS" !!!!!

If that doesn't work, and you're still in warranty, I'd push the dealer for a replacement pump. If you're out of warranty, purchase a replacement pump. I'd suggest either SURFLO or FLOJET, both are older, seemingly more reliable pumps. Almost any RV water pump will adapt easily to the space and the connections. SURFLO uses identical water connections, FLOJET would require changing the water connections which come with the pump if you buy new.

You might want to buy a inlet strainer to prevent ingesting debris in the pump head. Usually there is enough "stuff" left in the water tank to foul the pump a number of times and anything you might add (sand, etc) during tank filling will add to the potential for problems. A strainer eliminates most of that source of problems.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump