Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2017, 02:52 PM   #1
EdB

Goodyear Endurance

Hello All,

I habe heard that the Goodyear Endurance tires are made in the USA. I also heard that just the materials are made in the USA and the tires are made in China. Can someone who has the tires send me a photo of the side wall with the tires name and made in ??? in the photo... Thank you in advance

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ed B

Northern NJ
2015 Cougar 21RBS
2004 Ford F-250 Crew Cab
http:n2qjn.com
EdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:50 PM   #2
CWtheMan

Reading material.

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/news...-trailer-tires
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:24 AM   #3
notanlines

Ed, furthering CW's information, here is the quote from Goodyear:
The Endurance is an American-made trailer tire.

“Goodyear is proud and excited to introduce the Endurance, the only radial special trailer tire built in the United States,” says Ryan Patterson, president of Goodyear’s North American consumer tire business.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:05 PM   #4
ken56

I am lined up to install these on my Laredo next week. The guy I use told me they are not seeing problems with the Endurance like with the "others", even less than the Maxxis. I trust the guy I use. He's a straight shooter and has always done right by me.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #5
EdB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken56 View Post
I am lined up to install these on my Laredo next week. The guy I use told me they are not seeing problems with the Endurance like with the "others", even less than the Maxxis. I trust the guy I use. He's a straight shooter and has always done right by me.
I have spoke to a ton of people I trust but done believe that they are made in the USA. Can you post a photo of the tire with the made in USA stamp

Ed B

Northern NJ
2015 Cougar 21RBS
2004 Ford F-250 Crew Cab
Old 10-19-2017, 03:01 PM   #6
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdB View Post
I have spoke to a ton of people I trust but done believe that they are made in the USA. Can you post a photo of the tire with the made in USA stamp

Do a google search......there are pictures out there!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:21 PM   #7
hornet28

Here you go. Now do you believe?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040731.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	14383  
1917 T roadster 270 Hemi/4 spd
34' car trailer w/63" semi sleeper on the front
hornet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:10 PM   #8
EdB

Thank you... I will pass that on to a friend of mine..

Thank you All! Happy camping

Ed B

Northern NJ
2015 Cougar 21RBS
2004 Ford F-250 Crew Cab
Old 10-20-2017, 09:49 AM   #9
Desert185

I hope the Endurance is a good tire. I have until next spring to make a final decision.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:20 AM   #10
ChuckS

Personally I’d install a 14ply LT tire and not worry where it’s made. All the USA hype on tires is well.... hype. Others will say oh no you must install only St tire. To each his own... my LT 14ply Les Schwab tires just wrapped up their third season. Many more to go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:51 AM   #11
Eastham

Where can I find 14 ply tires? Would that be load range G?
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:56 PM   #12
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastham View Post
Where can I find 14 ply tires? Would that be load range G?
You have posted here in an Endurance tire thread. Did you look at the specs for all of the Endurance tires. The largest has a 4080 load capacity. However, it's tall, over 33", and may not work on some Keystone fivers. Also, it requires a minimum rim width of 6.5".

Here is a GY info sheet. Click on the size to see individual specs.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...ce/sizes-specs
Old 10-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #13
madmaxmutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
You have posted here in an Endurance tire thread. Did you look at the specs for all of the Endurance tires. The largest has a 4080 load capacity. However, it's tall, over 33", and may not work on some Keystone fivers. Also, it requires a minimum rim width of 6.5".

Here is a GY info sheet. Click on the size to see individual specs.

I am pretty sure he was responding to the previous post. That guy was talking about Les Schwab tires. I don't think they sell a tire that is as stated in 14" trailer sizes.

I will personally be trying the Endurance tires on my new trailer at the first opportunity. My only hesitation is the really thin tread depth.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:56 PM   #14
CWtheMan

Ply ratings are not always consistent with tire load capacity values. For instance, a LT tire with a 10 ply rating will normally have a maximum load capacity of 3042# at 80 PSI. A ST tire of the same size and ply rating will have a load capacity of 3640# at 80 PSI.

Although all tires now have service descriptions molded onto the tire sidewall they are not the official load capacity indicator for LT & ST tires. The official load capacity of those tires is the Load Range lettering system. They are standardized for each individual tire design and are approved by the Tire & Rim Association (TRA). They - sort of - are tied-in with the tire’s ply rating, being a LRC tire will have a 6 ply rating. A LRE will have a 10 ply rating. But, ply ratings can be confusing because the ply material size and it’s strength will play a major part in the ultimate load capacity of a tire.

Tire treads are designed to enhance the desired durability and design of the tire. The ST tire has a specific roll, follow a motorized vehicle. Normally designed to carry heavy loads it needs to be able to dissipate excessive heat quickly. The shallow treads - normally around 10/32” - are from dense compounds that last longer and dissipate the heat much better than the tires normally used on drive/steer axles on automotive vehicles.

As RV trailer owners we are going to have to become more knowledgeable about the tires our trailers are delivered with. The foreign, and yes, USA tire manufacturer’s are saturating the market with the specially designed ST tires. They are less expensive to make and also less labor intensive. As long as the RV trailer market builds their units around the acceptable load capacities the ST tires provide, the buyers and users must become aware of the differences in tire life expectancy with the ST tires and their durability problems.

Here are two references to ponder. Both are new updated documents. One for USA made tires and the other for China made tires. They provide coverage for 13” - 17.5” tires with load capacities way above what is needed for 8000# axles. Others are coming on the market nearly monthly. The China built tires can be delivered to your door and be mounted for much less than any equally designed USA tire. It’s not that the tires are cheaper, it’s the tariffs our government gives to foreign manufacturers that allows them to ship and provide them here for less money than any like sized/designed domestic tire.

http://taskmasterproducts.com/produc...der-st-radial/

Old 10-22-2017, 06:06 PM   #15
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Ply ratings are not always consistent with tire load capacity values. For instance, a LT tire with a 10 ply rating will normally have a maximum load capacity of 3042# at 80 PSI. A ST tire of the same size and ply rating will have a load capacity of 3640# at 80 PSI.

Although all tires now have service descriptions molded onto the tire sidewall they are not the official load capacity indicator for LT & ST tires. The official load capacity of those tires is the Load Range lettering system. They are standardized for each individual tire design and are approved by the Tire & Rim Association (TRA). They - sort of - are tied-in with the tire’s ply rating, being a LRC tire will have a 6 ply rating. A LRE will have a 10 ply rating. But, ply ratings can be confusing because the ply material size and it’s strength will play a major part in the ultimate load capacity of a tire.

Tire treads are designed to enhance the desired durability and design of the tire. The ST tire has a specific roll, follow a motorized vehicle. Normally designed to carry heavy loads it needs to be able to dissipate excessive heat quickly. The shallow treads - normally around 10/32” - are from dense compounds that last longer and dissipate the heat much better than the tires normally used on drive/steer axles on automotive vehicles.

As RV trailer owners we are going to have to become more knowledgeable about the tires our trailers are delivered with. The foreign, and yes, USA tire manufacturer’s are saturating the market with the specially designed ST tires. They are less expensive to make and also less labor intensive. As long as the RV trailer market builds their units around the acceptable load capacities the ST tires provide, the buyers and users must become aware of the differences in tire life expectancy with the ST tires and their durability problems.

Here are two references to ponder. Both are new updated documents. One for USA made tires and the other for China made tires. They provide coverage for 13” - 17.5” tires with load capacities way above what is needed for 8000# axles. Others are coming on the market nearly monthly. The China built tires can be delivered to your door and be mounted for much less than any equally designed USA tire. It’s not that the tires are cheaper, it’s the tariffs our government gives to foreign manufacturers that allows them to ship and provide them here for less money than any like sized/designed domestic tire.

http://taskmasterproducts.com/produc...der-st-radial/

Thanks for your insight CW.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:42 PM   #16
texas-traveler

difference in tires.
In the days of long ago(my early years working in a service station in the 60's and 70's and later owning my own tt's).
The trailer tire or specialty trailer tire rubber composition was different from car and truck tire rubber. where as the car and truck tire was designed to grip in all four direction with no side slip for more traction.
The trailer tire was designed for the opposite end of the traction spectrum. The trailer tire was designed to have traction while traveling forward or backwards and braking. While turning forward or backwards the tread design and rubber composition allowed the tire to side slip for making turns. especially on tandem axle rigs.
When tubeless tires first came out a car or truck tire used on a trailer would usually roll the tire bead off the rim especially backing up while turning or forward turning sharp. This condition was from tire not having side slip capabilities that the trailer tire was designed for..
Old 10-22-2017, 08:49 PM   #17
srvnt

8 thousand miles on my Endurance through the most extreme conditions and they keep on tickin.

2013 Passport 2890RL GT
2015 Silverado CC LTZ 4x 2500 Duramax
HB Cal
srvnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:37 PM   #18
Vet4jdc

Happy with my Goodyear Endurance on my fiver!
Old 10-30-2017, 07:08 PM   #19
madmaxmutt

Quote:
CW, what do you think of the Endurance only listing 8/32 of tread depth?
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:33 PM   #20
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
CW, what do you think of the Endurance only listing 8/32 of tread depth?
Having shallow treads is inherently built into the construction of ST tires. Because of the confidentiality clauses tire manufactures have about many of the materials they use in building tires , tread compounds are not widely known to consumers without a “need to know”. Supposedly, shallow treads, made of more densely compounded materials will run cooler with heavy loads, providing they are maintained within the recommended operating parameters of their specific design.

If you know someone in the rubber industry or maybe even a tire person working for a popular auto racing team, you can ask them to measure the hardness of your tread materials. It’s quite common for such people to have a durometer on hand. It’s a device used for measuring hardness.