Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #1

Where to put that extra fold up table?

Hi, I have a 300mp. Wondering where others with the same model store their sofa fold up table (the longer narrower one) when it is not in use or when you are traveling? I am thinking of mounting it in the bedroom by the walk in door.

Also, does anyone know if the large stand the the bed rest on in the bedroom is hollow underneath. I know their is a very shallow area just under the bed when you lift the bed up to put a couple of blankets, but the area under that is hudge and seems like a great place for some storage (maybe even a table). Thanks, Chris
11155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
Me.Bikes.Dogs

Under the 300MP Bed

When traveling I put the tabletop on the couch with the curved edge stuffed between the couch back and bottom cushions. That holds it in place. When not using it, which is rare, I put it on one of the beds in the garage.

There is a slide support structure under the bed including some electrical wiring and the hydraulics. I'd be concerned about objects stored under there sliding around and/or getting caught up on the wiring and/or hoses. It would probably be possible to use the space but I'd recommend doing some work with the wires and hoses to make sure they are out of the way and can't get caught up on something stored under there. You'd also have to be aware that the space get's smaller when the bed slides inward. The items stored can't slide around as they can get crushed between the incoming bed structure and the steel framing.

2004 Harley Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide (for fun), 1 dog (great company)

Me.Bikes.Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
skdooman2004

300 mp table

thanks for asking that question, i just bought a new 300 mp and was wondering the same thing. i'm afraid of sticking it on the couch might not hold it and it might rub the bottem sink cabinet and scratch it. any other ideas, i'm in Pa. and roads usually are not very smooth!!!!
skdooman2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
Me.Bikes.Dogs

I don't know if your 2011 is the same as my 2010 but I've traveled over 5000 miles with the curved end of the tabletop jammed between the couch back and bottom and it hasn't moved an inch. In my case it fits nice and tight. I've been over some really rough roads that tossed every thing else but not that table top. When I got my trailer they had it in the middle of
the lower bed/couch in the garage.
2004 Harley Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide (for fun), 1 dog (great company)

Me.Bikes.Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:41 AM   #5

Thanks for the input.. Chris
Old 07-17-2011, 02:25 PM   #6
skdooman2004

300 mp folding table

your right, I just got back after 900 miles and that table did not move at all, (being shoved in couch cushion), thanks again!!!
skdooman2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
vpilot

Don't know about your 300 MP. But the table top stores fine under the bed in the blanket stoerage area in mfy Fuzion 302.
vpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #8

Ok, it seems to be a little short for my table. Thanks..
Old 08-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
raptor300mp

I have a 2013 Raptor 300mp and store the table in the storage compartment under the master bedroom bed. Fits perfectly!!
raptor300mp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
rnkburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor300mp View Post
I have a 2013 Raptor 300mp and store the table in the storage compartment under the master bedroom bed. Fits perfectly!!

Same here, in fact that is the way it came shipped from Keystone.
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #11

Interesting. i will have to double check that. Maybe the 2013's are a little different the 2012's in that regaard. Can you send/post a picture of that please?
Old 09-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #12
Retired CSIGuy

My 383

I got rid of my extra sofa table. It was always in the way of walking, I had no place to store it, AND it was unnecessary weight, for me anyway, and as you know, EVERYTHING comes down to weight when towing. I just put matching carpet runners in the walkway in front of the sofa to keep the floor inserts from being visible (saves the carpet also) . Your bed is hollow underneath the thin lift out sheet of vaneer wood , BUT....the hydrolic ram and steel frame for the slideout is under there if it's like mine, and anything you put under there can get crushed, dirty, or bind up the ram or wood/metal frame. I wanted to use the lift out wood vaneer to support more storage weight than what is was meant for, so I had to get into that hollow space and do some shoring up with 2x4 pieces, and it was good that I did because I found some bad wood on the bed fram, but again, you need to see where the metal/wood frame moves to when the slideout is in action or you''ll do some serious damage under there. Good luck
Yamaha RSV-S
Retired CSIGuy is offline   Reply With Quote