Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
randy69

361 lev slide out

Does anybody know what type of slide out (all electric or hydraulic with motor)
On a 361 lev raptor. The one I'm concerned about is the where the couch & table are on. There is a manual override hex nut under the main door entry. Anything else I have to do beside turning it the right way.

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
BigCajun

My 361 is all electric. I have read that it is a good thing to disconnect the electric motor so as not to damage it while turning without power. I have not verifed that with Keystone nor do I know how to do it. On my last 5er I used the manual crank for the front landing gear when my battery went dead and it did not damage anything.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCajun View Post
My 361 is all electric. I have read that it is a good thing to disconnect the electric motor so as not to damage it while turning without power. I have not verifed that with Keystone nor do I know how to do it. On my last 5er I used the manual crank for the front landing gear when my battery went dead and it did not damage anything.
The main reason to disconnect it is to make sure the motor doesn't start running while you have the crank handle connected. Imagine a "bound up" slide, you keep pushing the switch, slide won't move, then find, after you insert the crank and give it half a twist that the motor starts running and the crank rips out of your hand and cracks your knuckles (or worse). Best to disconnect the motor before trying to crank it by hand.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
randy69

Thanks for the info. If and when the time comes I will just kill all ac power in the this unit..

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
Old 08-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy69 View Post
Thanks for the info. If and when the time comes I will just kill all ac power in the this unit..
The slide motor is a 12VDC motor so you'll need to disconnect the shore power AND also disconnect the battery if you're trying to remove input power to the slide motor... Much easier to reach in and unplug the motor or disconnect the 12VDC input wires at the motor.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
randy69

Thanks for the info

So I will have to use the disconnet kill switch for the dc and no ac shore or gen power. My slide motor is not acessable with out cutting into the bottom of the trailor.. Thanks again for info.

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4