Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2015, 07:51 PM   #1
BlueknightWI

So Happy! We pulled the trigger today.

It's been a long time coming, and I have been driving RV dealers, private sellers, and especially my wife-crazy for the last few months. Today, we drove up to Shoeders RV and Marine in Rhinelander, WI. We put money down on a 2015 Keystone Impact 311. We can expect to take delivery sometime in the next few weeks when ours comes in. Pics to follow when that occurs! Thanks for all the information leading up to this point.
BlueknightWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:55 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Congrats

Make sure you take a copy of the PDI checklist with you, and pictures are mandatory

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:32 AM   #3
rwmurphy15

Congrats, hope you have many years of fun and memories.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:18 AM   #4
Javi

Congrats, safe travels and happy camping..
Old 03-08-2015, 07:36 AM   #5
Rhinoone82

Congrats

We picked up a 2015 Impact 311 in December. We ended up getting ours from Camping World in Saukville. We had looked all over and they ended up giving us the best deal.

We actually just went and checked it out in storage yesterday. We are getting anxious to get out this year and thought that maybe just going and hanging out in it that it would help. Not so much. Just want spring to get here so we can get it out.

We had decided to pick it up and take it for a little shakedown run. We ended up driving from Saukville across to Portage, then headed back to Racine where we live. We kept the trailer for a week and then took it back to have a few of the items that we found taken care of.

The only thing that we had noticed after we picked it up was that a few of the screws started backing out from the sliding screen door frame in garage. That being the sliding door that goes into the rig from the garage.

The only other thing that was wrong was noted at the PDI. There was a small chip in the front door. That was also repaired when it was in for the screws that were backing out.

Congrats on the new rig
Old 03-08-2015, 08:08 AM   #6
GaryWT

Congrats and enjoy, happy camping.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:40 AM   #7
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

CONGRATS on your new rig! ENJOY

Be Safe and Happy Camping
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:41 AM   #8
BlueknightWI

Thanks! We really wanted to get the unit with the blue trim, but we were told they've discontinued that color now. So ours will be with the red trim. The one we ordered didn't have what the videos refer to as the Jack n Jill bathroom doors. We wanted the one with only one door there. I will post pics of the one that is twin to ours. This one is sold but not delivered yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinoone82 View Post
We picked up a 2015 Impact 311 in December. We ended up getting ours from Camping World in Saukville. We had looked all over and they ended up giving us the best deal.

We actually just went and checked it out in storage yesterday. We are getting anxious to get out this year and thought that maybe just going and hanging out in it that it would help. Not so much. Just want spring to get here so we can get it out.

We had decided to pick it up and take it for a little shakedown run. We ended up driving from Saukville across to Portage, then headed back to Racine where we live. We kept the trailer for a week and then took it back to have a few of the items that we found taken care of.

The only thing that we had noticed after we picked it up was that a few of the screws started backing out from the sliding screen door frame in garage. That being the sliding door that goes into the rig from the garage.

The only other thing that was wrong was noted at the PDI. There was a small chip in the front door. That was also repaired when it was in for the screws that were backing out.

Congrats on the new rig
Old 03-08-2015, 10:08 AM   #9
BlueknightWI

I do have a question for you guys. I installed the Air Lift 5000 air bags on my 2500HD. I have also ordered the Pullrite 16K Superglide Hitch to attach to Universal Rails. My hitch seller in PA (RAD Auto.com) told me I will still need to buy a capture plate. When I mentioned this to my dealer, he said the only thing I should need now is the vinyl disk to go between. Can anyone advise me? Pictures would maybe help. It is the standard Pin Box. Was thinking of the Mor-Ryde but with the slider hitch is that needed?
Old 03-08-2015, 10:41 AM   #10
chuckster57
Site Team

The super glide self adjusting hitch does require a capture plate on the pin box to operate correctly. The disk is a lube plate. I believe I have seen the pull rite has a Teflon plate on the horseshoe, and if that's the case the disk is not needed.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:19 AM   #11
Rhinoone82

We looked at one with only the 1 door into the bathroom and preferred the jack and jill style. It works best for us to walk in the door and step right up into the bathroom. It also makes it easy to get into the bedroom with the slides closed. If my memory serves me correctly you have to open the slide to get into the bedroom with single bathroom door. Am I remembering that right or am I thinking of another camper. They do all kind of run together when shopping for a new rig.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:30 AM   #12
gtsum2

congrats on the new rig. I think the Impacts offer a lot of camper for the money. Post up some pics when you receive it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-11-2015, 01:56 AM   #13
rbev2308

Congrats and safe travels.
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:23 PM   #14
BlueknightWI

From what I can tell, you can access the bedroom with the slide in. I just don't like how that door and steps are immediately there when entering. I guess that's why they make a bit different floorplan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinoone82 View Post
We looked at one with only the 1 door into the bathroom and preferred the jack and jill style. It works best for us to walk in the door and step right up into the bathroom. It also makes it easy to get into the bedroom with the slides closed. If my memory serves me correctly you have to open the slide to get into the bedroom with single bathroom door. Am I remembering that right or am I thinking of another camper. They do all kind of run together when shopping for a new rig.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:28 PM   #15
Rhinoone82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueknightWI View Post
From what I can tell, you can access the bedroom with the slide in. I just don't like how that door and steps are immediately there when entering. I guess that's why they make a bit different floorplan.

Yeah we ended up liking being able to get into the bathroom right as we step into the trailer. We also liked the bathroom layout a little better with our setup. We liked the size of the neo-angle shower as opposed to the Tub/Shower combo. We also camp with a larger group of friends and we allow a couple of them that have young kids, and are in pop ups or tents, to use our bathroom during the day. Would have really liked a half bath off the garage, but couldn't justify the extra cost and weight of the trailer. Would have been nice, but we wont always be camping with young ones in our group and I didn't think it was needed. The DW on the other hand was a little harder to convince.

I did get to run down to the trailer this weekend and messed around some. Ran the generator for a while and measured some of the cabinets to try and come up with some storage ideas.

Camping season can not come soon enough