Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Recalls
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #1
nano

Cougar control panels having issues

I just wanted everyone to be aware that Keystone is having issues with their control panels. 2 rows on ours quit working. I was able to reset it by disconnecting the battery (using the switch) and unplugging from shore power. When I called the dealer, they contacted Keystone and found out that there are issues with these control panels and that we would need a new one. We are getting a new one installed tomorrow.

We've had to wait 2 weeks for it to arrive because at the time, Keystone was still in the manufacturing and testing process of the new panels, but it appears they are approved and being shipped out now.
nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
hankaye

nano, Howdy;

Got any more info. ... such as
what year, Model, anything that
makes it a tad more specific ???

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankaye View Post
nano, Howdy;

Got any more info. ... such as
what year, Model, anything that
makes it a tad more specific ???

hankaye
I am going to assume it started with the 2013's... not sure if the 2014's are affected, although I'm betting it's quite possible.

The email the dealer forwarded from Keystone said to look at the back of the panel for a 2nd white sticker near the serial #. If it has the 2nd sticker (shown in picture), then the panel should be OK, but needs a new harness that has a ferrite filter (shown in picture).

If the panel doesn't have the 2nd white sticker, then the whole panel needs to be replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	panel.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	3335   Click image for larger version

Name:	filter.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	3336  
nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
MarkS

I have a 2014 Cougar 318SAB. So far, no problems with the panel. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:14 AM   #5
monte1214

My RV had the panel puke out a couple of weeks ago.
Phoned my dealer, and they've shipped me a new one.

Gonna install it tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
micar

We have a '13 333MKS talked to the dealer the other day and no recall or bulletin on this issue. We did however have the awning motor replaced.
Mike
micar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #7
adVentureMan

Our FW was bought about 6 months ago. We've been in it about 3 of those months.

Our panel is what the dealer told me is an "LED" panel. It's not, it's a touch screen" panel. Works okay but it's impossible to see the white lights for the tank levels unless it's after sundown.....the red lights indicating Porch Light on, etc can be seen easier.

The touch screen works for opening the slide-outs, but quit for extending and retracting the awning....luckily our remote will work for that, as we use the awing a lot here near the Florida seashore....winds are changeable and can be pretty stiff.

We're heading to the dealer this week to have this, and several other warranty issues checked......
"Nuestra casa con buena vistas"

Need Checklists?
adVentureMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #8
Pawsmfpj

2013 cougar/327res Digital Panel

We purchased our 2013 327res in December of 2012. 4 weeks later our board goes out. The first row only worked. Back to the dealer we go, and they find a pinched wire.
Back home, 2 weeks later our board goes out 100%. We again go back to the dealer, they tested it, IT WORKED.
Back home, the board goes out again, the last two rows, We use the remote for the awning, and the remote to pull our sliders in.
Back to the dealer, a new board is ordered for us.
Two weeks later the second board is installed............
4 weeks later this board again goes out. The first row is only working again,
still using the remote for the awning.
I might mention that in the mean time I have been calling Keystone, and reporting this, and having it documented in our file. Keystone informs me that they will be doing their own testing on the board.
I receive an e-mail from Keystone to return to the dealer, and have a harness installed, in addition to a new board, (number 3). (the board and inverter are in competition with each other)
We go back, and then are told we should not have any more problems.
We leave FL for Ma, and stay in GA. We get ready to leave the campground, and, low and behold, the sliders will not RET. We check the board, and the whole board is out again. Only the first row is working...........
We are in Ma and I call Keystone, and they inform me that we must make an appointment with our dealer, (Camping World), and I am to call Keystone back when I get the appointment, and they will call our dealer and work with them on the phone to sort this issue out...................
We should be back in FL sometime in July, and until then, we have to go without anything working..............only the first line on the board,.........
I might add that we are not virgin rv'ers, so we can monitor our tanks, and know how many days we can go..................The worst part is that we have no pump to dry camp with. We have to stay in campgrounds, and not able to stay in truck stops over night. ugh.........ugh.............we are hoping this issue will be resolved soon...................
Pawsmfpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:01 AM   #9
Pawsmfpj

Exclamation Cougar Digital Panels

I just want everyone to make sure that they call Keystone with every little detail on their Panel. If you get it repaired, and something happens, call Keystone again, give them your ID#, and have them log it in. This way all of this info is in your file. Then e-mail your dealer, Once again there is a paper trail. Voice mail does nothing for you.............

We have had so many problems with our 2013 327res Cougar, Keystone is doing their own investigation into this problem.

Keystone informed us............
When we get back to FL, we are to make an appointment with our dealer,
call Keystone, give them the date and time, and Keystone will call our dealer and they will walk our dealer over the phone as to what to do. WE HOPE

We are now on our 3rd board, and only the top row works, this has been the same for all three. We will more than likely be looking at a 4th board.........ugh

But now we wonder if our inverter has a short and is contributing to the problem.
AND MAKE SURE WHEN YOUR DEALER TESTS THE NEW PANEL, THAT YOU ARE HOOKED UP TO SHORE POWER............
Pawsmfpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
suza

2014 model problems?

We have a 2014 279RKS and have not had any trouble with the panel, yet (fingers crossed). We have used battery power and shore power, but not our generator. Anyone out there had panel issues with 2014 models?
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
nano

We had the new panel put in. Last week I was getting the camper ready for our next trip and the panel did the same thing. The buttons for the slides didn't work. (I didn't bother trying the rest.) After disconnecting the battery, then reconnecting it, the panel worked again (which is what Keystone recommends doing to get it working again). So we have a call in to our dealer, and we told the owner we are NOT driving back down there to get ANOTHER panel installed. It's a 230 mile round trip for us, so they need to travel here or find someone locally.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
countrytrikker

did you get resolution to your panel problem? I had the same thing going on with mine, and at the battery disconnect switch I connected both cables to the same post making the switch useless, but the panel has remained operational. may be a light duty battery switch or just plain junk.
countrytrikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #13
nano

We just got back from a week of camping. Our panel works fine when the camper is being used, but now, after over a day of sitting at home unused, the bottom 2 rows in the panel quit working when I went to retract the awning. I had to disconnect/reconnect the battery to get it working again. My dealer said they have a panel on order and will make an appointment with me to come here to fix the panel.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #14
electricalgod1

We took delivery of our 5er in May and all was fine until later in the week I went to put the awning out from the panel and it didn't work. I tried all the buttons and found that the bottom two rows didn't work. I contacted the dealer and they in turn contact Keystone. Keystone shipped one to the dealer but it took a long time to get here. Dealer came out and installed the new panel and so far has been working.
electricalgod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #15
nano

How long did it take for your new panel to arrive? I'm still waiting for our (second) new one.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #16
electricalgod1

I believe it was 2-3 weeks to the dealer and then 2 weeks before the dealer came to install it. They didn't tell me it was in, I found out from Keystone that the dealer had it.
electricalgod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #17
suza

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricalgod1 View Post
I believe it was 2-3 weeks to the dealer and then 2 weeks before the dealer came to install it. They didn't tell me it was in, I found out from Keystone that the dealer had it.
Pretty poor communication, on the dealer's part. Good that Keystone was on top of things. Hope your control panel issue is resolved. What a pain
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #18
bgregg24

2013 Cougar 327res Control panel Problem

I have had the problem for my control panel since I have bought it in Febuary. Took it to the dealer "Camping World" and they called Keystone and was notified the only fix is disconnecting the battery and shore power, witch fixes it until it happens again. That went on till May when we moved from Washington to California and haven't had any problems with the control panel since. The temp outside is getting cooler so started to use the furnace again and the control panel started locking up again. We haven't use the furnace since we left Washington. Could there be something there or is it just a coincidence. Also when I turn my Furnace on the A/C runs at the same time.
US Navy P3 Flight Engineer

bgregg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #19
jerrycougar2014

heat & air.

Hi.

You must have the fan on auto when heat is on, otherwise the fan will run in ceiling vents & feel like a/c. Make sure fan is not on lo or high.

Should take care of issue.
jerrycougar2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #20
bgregg24

A/C Issue

Thanks for the input on the Heater A/C issue. It was on Hi so swopped it to Auto and yes you were right fixed it. Thanks for the advice.
US Navy P3 Flight Engineer

bgregg24 is offline   Reply With Quote