Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2018, 11:13 AM   #1
Mcaruthers68

2018 cougar 30rls manual

Anyone know where I can get a manual specifically for my model. keystone seems to have a owners manual that covers all the half ton models. I want to be educated in my specific RV and be able to fix/work on things in my trailer if need be. Example.. where the water pump is located . Or where I can add a filtration system to the trailer.. etc.

I’ve looked on the website and nothing. Not even an email addrsss to contact support.
Mcaruthers68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #2
jwheel53

Trailer info

We have had 2 keystone TT. We had a Cougar 331MLS and now have a Outback 332 FK. I believe all the manufactures are the same way. They seem to think everyone wants to take their rv to a dealer to have work done after the warranty. What I've seen is all they provide is the manuals for all the products they buy and install. I'm like you, I want to work on it myself. Sorry to say your on your own, unless someone knows different.
jwheel53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:19 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcaruthers68 View Post
Anyone know where I can get a manual specifically for my model. ...

I’ve looked on the website and nothing. Not even an email addrsss to contact support.
The answer to your first question is that Keystone produces a "generic owner's manual" that covers every trailer they build from the least expensive entry level model to the most expensive luxury fifth wheel. All of them get the same manual. You can download a copy of the current manual or previous editions here: http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-s.../owners-manual

As for contacting support at Keystone, you can locate all of that information and/or submit an inquiry/request here: http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-s...parts-warranty

The contact information for Keystone Customer Support is easily found on the website. Just click on the "OWNERS" tab at the top of the home page. It will open a webpage with phone number, email and mailing address, hours of operation and you'll also find information on plant tours on that page. You can link to it here: http://www.keystonerv.com/customer-service

The Keystone RV Manufacturing Company is not affiliated with this forum and they have no presence here, so you can't contact them here and you won't get a response from the company by asking questions here. This is an independently owned forum that consists of people who own Keystone RV's or who are interested in them. Don't expect any interaction with the factory from this site.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:58 PM   #4
travelin texans

Even if you could get schematics they WILL NOT be as builts, but just about as generic as the owners manuals. The blue prints at the factory are mostly just a recommendation & those guys build them however is the quickest, easiest to get them out the door.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Even if you could get schematics they WILL NOT be as builts, but just about as generic as the owners manuals. The blue prints at the factory are mostly just a recommendation & those guys build them however is the quickest, easiest to get them out the door.
That’s the truth. I’ve had 2 trailers next to each other, one number apart on the VIN and both be plumbed/wired differently.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:40 AM   #6
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Unlike the auto industry, there are no shop manuals for trailers. Same for all the manufacturers, not just Keystone. However, I hear rumor that there is this great forum for Keystone made up of owners who really know their stuff. You can ask about almost anything and will be inundated with help and ideas. I hear they can be brutally honest sometimes, so you gotta wear your big boy panties and just jump right in. Great group of folks who won't just be yes men or women.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar