Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2015, 09:04 AM   #21
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Javi & Chuck -
Your solution would seem to be the best route to take in providing "proof". I guess in the big picture, taking your RV to a repair facility to have an outside source inspect the roof, while a PITA - not to mention the additional cost involved - should be enough to satisfy Keystone but you never know.
$25 to inspect and do the paperwork... I'm good with that especially at 300 pounds and 66 years of age.. I don't do roof...
Old 09-28-2015, 09:05 AM   #22
Ken / Claudia

Ford does not stand by their products either. With a 36,000 mile warranty At 44,000 miles the listed truck blew up the tranny. My cost at the dealer to replace it was 2600. That one blew out the front seal at 3 months after the 12 month warranty. Guess what, ford knows the tranny they put behind the 7.3 engine fails due to the power of that engine. But, really I understand the warranty, it said 36,000 miles or 3 years on the powertrain. I could have hired a lawyer and spend maybe years and 10s of thousands of dollars or just say suck it up buttercup and fix the problem at my cost of 5400 with a better tranny not made by ford. Read the big and little print of anything you buy, get a extended warranty if you want. But, this head line of Keystone does not stand behind their products may well be right but, not in this case. A warranty is a contact, who failed to do what it said.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #23
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
$25 to inspect and do the paperwork... I'm good with that especially at 300 pounds and 66 years of age.. I don't do roof...
Javi -
Well, I'm half that weight but twice as old. Besides, once the one year warranty is "up" any inspections and maintenance you do and have documentation as proof, might all be for naught since Keystone in all likelihood would say to any claim you might have - "Sorry, it's out of warranty".

But for $25 you can't lose.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #24
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Javi -
Well, I'm half that weight but twice as old. Besides, once the one year warranty is "up" any inspections and maintenance you do and have documentation as proof, might all be for naught since Keystone in all likelihood would say to any claim you might have - "Sorry, it's out of warranty".

But for $25 you can't lose.
Actually I do it more for the roof manufacturer warranty than Keystone..
Old 09-28-2015, 12:57 PM   #25
x96mnn

Quote:
In my case I have a local RV repair center do an inspection every 6 months and document it with a receipt... it may not be enough for Keystone but would go a long way with a court. The cost is negligible when compared to a situation like the OP's and the time involved is a hour or so for me.
I do the same. Cost me 90 a year for peace of mind. If they have to do a seam, and they have yet to have to it will cost more.
2012 Sprinter 266
2014 RAM 6.7 Cummins Diesel
2015 Sandpiper 30IOK

All I care about is camping, maybe three people and beer!
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:34 PM   #26
bobbecky

Assuming Keystone does not cover the repair, regardless of what anyone thinks, how big a gap or separation is there at that joint, and have you gotten an estimate for making it structurally sound and waterproof? If the cost is minimal or reasonable for the repair, it would be better to just get it done and move on, than lose sleep and get your blood pressure up over what in the long run will pale in cost compared to what commonly can happen to these rigs, IMHO.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:18 PM   #27
dcg9381

Quote:
Actually I do it more for the roof manufacturer warranty than Keystone..
I don't think I've ever actually see the membrane fail, which is probably why the warranty is so long. I have seen a few arguments about who as at fault between installation, caulk, and membrane when roof materials detatch during and after warranty period.

I'd pay someone to do it once a year if I felt that provided some protection in terms of extending a warranty. However, I think checking it every 6 months and adjusting where necessary probably works better for me..
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #28
JRTJH
Site Team

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Flags, a new member posted a short description of what he says he was told is a "manufacturer defect". He admits he has posted this same problem on other websites in an effort to, "Just trying to get the word out how Keystone doesn't seem to customer friendly"

Flags, it be very beneficial if you would post a picture or a series of pictures depicting the failed portion of this RV.... That would give all of us some indication of just what problem you've got and possibly give us insight into how to better make recommendations.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:09 PM   #29
SAABDOCTOR

Without documentation it will be hard to prove it "has been that way since the begining. there is a phrase. "At what point after the warranty expires do you feel you own the camper"? I have heard it all. cars with 300k on them and the owners says the head gasket has been leaking since I bought it. just take a step back and think about what you are asking. what would you really do if a customer came to you with the same claim? I am not saying your wrong but saying Keystone doesn't care is a bit off base. I wish you luck and please post some pics someone my have an idea to help you out. That is what this forum is all about.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:51 PM   #30
BSHGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
That is the point: RV basic warranty is 12 months/unlimited mileage. So, when that time frame expired, he was no longer covered. Comparing a 3 year warranty to a 1 year warranty is "apples and oranges" They aren't the same.
I think if you look up "Implied warranty" this is what he feels should cover the repair. Maybe Keystone has a exclusion for this in their contract of sale but most companies that sell products aren`t allowed to in most states. Then there`s the RV industry that follows the beat of it`s own drummer and sends out a product that they or at least the line worker knows is going to fail at some point because of faulty workman ship. As a 30 year business owner if this happened to me it would have been followed back to the worker and he would have been fired. But then again I was worried about reputation and repeat customers for my livelihood.
BSHGTO is offline   Reply With Quote