Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2019, 08:44 AM   #41
kirkwilliams2049

RV usage

Our season opened up this year with the month of May in Arizona. This was followed by 3 long weekends in Jasper Alberta. Heading up there again this coming weekend and then another week in September. If the weather holds, we will take the grand kids out for one last kick in October.

Nothing better than campfires, hot dogs and the spirit of nature.
kirkwilliams2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:44 AM   #42
bfisher003

We are retired, live in Florida and typically take two to three major trips a year, plus some shorter, nearer two to four day trips. I define a major trip as at least three weeks, but usually four to five weeks or more and anywhere from 2,000 to 7,000 or more miles. For example, this year we did a spring trip of four weeks to New Mexico and Arizona that was around 5,000 miles and this summer with did a five week, 7,000 mile trip to North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico and Texas. This Fall we will probably head up to upstate New York (wife originally from there) and maybe Maine, etc. In between we’ve done a few shorter trips. We’ve had our current fiver since last October and have put over 11,000 miles on it.
bfisher003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:15 AM   #43
dmorgan64

We go out about 5-6 times a year. One 2-3 week vacation. The rest are 3-4 day excursions. 3 of which are a combination and rv camping and horse outings! We are learning to go during the week for out 3-4 day excursions. Took a while after retirement to get into this mode!
dmorgan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:32 AM   #44
fatcatzzz

12 months a year. We are Full Time.
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #45
apachewolf

We start out in early April and just keep going. Our use of the camper is about 4-5 months a year. We are due to leave on another trip on September 1 to Mesa, AZ where we will stay for 2 months. The year we have gone on a month long trip to apache junction another to Whetstone/Sierra Vista. We try to use it as much as possible.

Happy camping.
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:47 AM   #46
Rubicon100

We like to go in the spring as much as possible and then through the summer we do an occasional state park for a weekend.
In the fall I pull it out to our hunting property and it stays there from October to December. I'm able to keep it at home so if we don't get out enough the kids will sleep in it for a night or two and they love it.
2017 2670bh pulling with a 2012 Silverado crew cab 4x4 with the factory tow package. Upgraded to 3.73,s after market trans cooler. All fluids changed to valvolene synthetic. Air lift 2000 bags and an equalizer 4 point hitch.
Rubicon100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:58 AM   #47
PSUTricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboneskes View Post
Just curious how often you guys use your campers/TT/5ers every year?

We are on our 7th trip( usually 3 day weekends) this year, and have had one week out camping on top of that this year. We only went 8 times last year.

I heard the average use is like 3 or 4 times. Cant see the point of owning one: paying for it, Storage, Insurance, Payment, etc.... only using it that few of times. But curious to know how often some of you get out?
Every other weekend usually. Sometimes 3 days, taking off Friday and leaving on a Thursday.
PSUTricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 11:59 AM   #48
McRod

365 days/yr. Sometimes we take a camping trip away from our 40ft. 5th wheel with just our truck and truck bed tent to places I can't pull it. Definitely the only way to get your $$ out of it.
McRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #49
Jubuco

Camping,

Well that really depends on if your a full timer, retired, etc. If you're like us who work everyday we don't go as often as we would like to. We do however go camping once every month for extended weekends and once for an 8 day trip with-in the camping year.
Jubuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 02:22 PM   #50
Phil Saran

We belong to a Elks Lodge and have a camping group. This group goes out one 3-4 day weekend a month May though October.

We also added a 27 day round trip to Upper Peninsula in Michigan this summer.

Next March we are going to add a 2 week trip to Arizona to try that out.
Colorado
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #51
Robert Campbell

We camp March through November for 3 to 7 days per month. Our children are grown and married but we still do birthday camping/fishing long weekends and the occasional beach trip with both of them. My wife is retired which helps and we live in northeastern North Carolina. I hear many people say they don't think they get their moneys worth out of their camper. My question to them is "How do you feel when you go camping?". If you are like me relaxed, happy, close to family, carefree, and with nature.
Robert Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:24 PM   #52
Local150

Use

I use mine 3 months every winter to get out of the cold in Illinois. Then mid April through mid October I rent a small lot on the Rock River here in nw
llinois,, where I have my fishing boat and small boat dock, it's about 10 minutes from home and stay in it 3 nights or so during the week
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:41 AM   #53
Libbett

We strive for twice a month starting in April, March if Pennsylvania weather allows. We do a couple local places (mostly early in the season for "shakedown") then we start going south for longer weekends. I'm a substitute teacher so am flexible and can work around DH's schedule. We have a small group, Wandering Souls, that we travel with, other times we take the grands to a Jellystone 1.5 hr down the road ($$$ but they love it) and come fall the rig stays in Blacksburg, VA for football season. We probably average 45-60 days/year. This year one of our grandsons had foot surgery so we weren't able to take them as much so we'll probably be only 45 days if we're lucky. We feel also that we need to use it often or it's a money pit but we're lucky enough to be able to park it at our house. Fingers crossed that DH finally takes the leap to work from the camper so we can take the show on the road and travel south for the winter!
Libbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:06 PM   #54
Rayburn1162

I wish more...

1 or 2 - 5 day winter trips witin 2 -3 hrs of North FL
3 weeks in the summer wherever we can find cooler air.
Labor day weekend
10 day fall trip to west Florida

Would do more but we love to spend time with our grands, Papa tutors the youngest some and since it is a spilt home, we treasure our time with the kids and also have home projects going on.

Want to do a 3 mth trip out West within a couple years..
Rayburn1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:29 AM   #55
Stumpy75

I use my RV mostly to go to music festivals.

I start with a week in Wilkesboro, NC in late April for Merlefest, and it continues about every week and a half throughout the summer. Most of the time, I'm at a festival for a week, with two weeks at one of them. Then a week or so in Northern Michigan in the fall to see the early colors. It goes into storage by mid-October.

I've considered Florida some winter, but I'm one of those who does not mind the cold and snow!

2014 Keystone Outback 210TRS
2020 F150, 3.5l, 4x4, 3.55:1, Supercrew
Stumpy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #56
BillMc

At first (2007) we traveled a couple times a month. Since 2012 -16 only once or twice a year. 2017-Present not at all really. We keep it washed and the roof cleaned and inspected. The wife just told me the other day that she wanted to start camping again.
BillMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:12 PM   #57
Frisbeekev

We usually use ours 3-5 times a year. However 2 of those times are a week or more in the summer, then usually weekend trips. This spring/summer/fall we will have used it a total of 1 time per month between April and October. (6 months. 4 weekend trips, 1 week trip and 1 2 week trip. Hoping to do about the same next year.
Frisbeekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:34 PM   #58
atkinsb3

We generally have 2 longer camping trips a year (5 - 7 days) as a family. Then me and my youngest son go 3 - 4 times a year for a weekend trip to watch the races at the dirt tracks in the area. Our last trip this year will be to Williams Grove PA to watch the World of Outlaw sprint cars the first weekend in October. So long story short, 5 - 6 times a year. We use it for guests and it also makes a comfy dog house for me as necessary!?!?

Bill and Kathy
2018 Passport 2670BH "Bubbles"
2017 Titan Crew Cab "Thirsty Lady"
atkinsb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 04:11 PM   #59
the406life

This has been an off year for us. We got busy remodeling a house, selling a house, building a 40x60 home shop etc.

We have been out 3 times. One for a 3 day weekend and twice for a week.

Normally we get out 2 weekends a month and 2 or 3 full weeks between May-Oct.

Our I do all my own maintenance, we have storage on our property for free, and our Travel Trailer is currently our only debt and that's quickly dwindling. Everything else we own is paid for.
the406life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:30 PM   #60
C.LeeNick

Quite often.

We are fortunate to live near Navajo Lake State Park in Northwest New Mexico, so we can get a yearly camping pass and with it we can put our trailer out there, about 20 miles away, for $4 a night for the electricity, so often we leave it out there for a week at a time and go out fishing on our days off. We're fortunate that both my wife and myself like to fish! We also have lots of nearby camping at BLM campgrounds and such, so sometimes we'll get away for a couple days at a time. We like to "boondock" camp, so sometimes we just find a spot off some dirt road and set up camp.

As for longer trips/journeys, since the first of the year, we've taken our travel trailer to Arizona for two weeks in February. Then in the last couple months, we spent 9 days near Pioche/Panaca, Nevada, came home for a couple weeks, and then took the trailer across Highway 50 in Nevada to Ely, Nevada for a couple days, then on to Reno, Nevada for a couple days for Hot August Nights, a big week-long classic car extravaganza out there. That was another 10 day journey.

I would guess, all told, we've had it out about 40-50 days this year so far.

We are fortunate that we have a spot here at home to keep it, so we can be at the ready if we get the whim to go somewhere for a weekend.
C.LeeNick is offline   Reply With Quote