Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2019, 07:06 AM   #41
mwemaxxowner

Will do! I've pulled the access panel and looked all around under the tub, but I didn't pay any attention to whether those panels extend down or not. I'm pretty paranoid and keep my eye on all that stuff anyway, I'll see if any water starts to get where it shouldn't.

I have several tubes of MasterSeal NP1, which is a fantastic polyurethane sealant, and some dicor non leveling. I might have some 3M 5200 still also. I'm certainly not opposed to removing the existing caulk a d resealing with something better if that may make this stand the test of time better. I'm also not opposed to putting up some panels.
mwemaxxowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:42 AM   #42
Callie Spillane

New member!

Hi, We just purchase a 2019 Keystone Springdale 1700FQ mini. This is the fifth camper we have owned. It looks to be a nice little camper. We will be towing it with a 2018 Ford F150 2.7 liter turbo. It tows it really nice. We have a 6 month old Cavapoo puppy to share it with on our trips to come!
Callie Spillane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:20 PM   #43
mwemaxxowner

We're just getting settled in. Both of the little ladies are loving it!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190712_184125662.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	22784Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190712_190015535.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	22785
Old 07-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #44
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwemaxxowner View Post
Kinda what I was thinking, but mostly just trying to get a feel for if it's necessary. I didn't know if it's normal, or what sort of water resistance this material has. Maybe the wallpaper type face on this paneling is water resistant enough.

You could argue that it's been fine this long, but I have no idea how much the shower has been used. Almost exclusively, I and my family always showered at bath houses while camping, I'm sure there are others who do the same.
Years ago when we bought our 1st RV there were 2 main reasons for doing so;
#1 no more sleeping on the ground
#2 no more using the bathhouses
It's amazing how many folks we've met that do not/will not use their RV shower & only go #1 in the toilet only at night, if at all & NEVER EVER #2.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:36 PM   #45
mwemaxxowner

We don't mind using the toilet at all. However, I have quite the appetite, and go #2 frequently with a very powerful stench. Lol. We're right beside a bath house so I'll go there. I'd also rather go use a full size shower if it's not too inconvenient. Also we don't have sewer hookup here, and I don't have a rolling dump tank yet.

I only call this camping because that's the accepted term. I still go camping. I.e. trekking 30 miles or so somewhere remote in the mountains with only what I can carry on my back. Completely get away from EVERYTHING for a bit.

To me, this is simply a rolling vacation house. A way for us to go stay somewhere cheaper than renting a house and with all of OUR stuff.

I think I'll continue to shower in a bath house when I have one at my disposal, until I'm lucky to own a Taj Mahal type of camper with a full size shower. Which will probably never happen. If this trailer treats us well I think we'll hang on to it a long time. The wife is falling in love with it. It has adequate living space, it towed very well, truck got decent mileage for a half ton towing a wind sail, everything works, and it's PAID FOR!
Old 07-12-2019, 06:02 PM   #46
mwemaxxowner

This is kind of cool.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190712-220201.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	22787
Old 07-12-2019, 10:39 PM   #47
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
I wonder if the previous owner removed the shower walls for some reason? I can't think of why it wouldn't have them. I can imagine that if I removed the walls in my shower that behind would be the same pattern and wall paper.
In my last rig, I had a tub/shower with a curtain. The interior walls were fiberglass clamshell, but a partial wall on the "climb out" side was wallpapered. Theoretically, the shower curtain was supposed to intercept the water to that wall, but good luck with that. And yes, we did have to have it repapered eventually.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:48 PM   #48
LHaven

Quote:
I'd also rather go use a full size shower if it's not too inconvenient.
Amen. "Full size" is the term here. At 6'6" 350 lb., I consider the TT shower an accommodation of last resort. Yes, I can successfully take a shower in it with some cautious yoga, but every time I do, it reaffirms my opinion that there's no way even Clark Kent could ever have changed his clothes in a phone booth.

Quote:
I only call this camping because that's the accepted term... To me, this is simply a rolling vacation house. A way for us to go stay somewhere cheaper than renting a house and with all of OUR stuff.
Absolutely right. I chuckle at the occasional letters in Trailer Life from purists complaining that RVs have gotten way too big and way too provisioned, and that the purpose of camping should be to get away from everything. But I never claimed that my RV was for "camping." It's for "traveling."
Old 07-13-2019, 04:24 AM   #49
mwemaxxowner

We think the same! Haha

I'm about 6' and 200, and even for me the shower is tight. My head touches the ceiling. Lol

We have a little two burner camping stove and a grill/griddle pan for it that was $10. It works great for a cheap option for now. I used to have a "grill to go" in my last camper. I'd kinda like to have another. Or I might drink the Kool Aid and get a Blackstone.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:47 PM   #50
mwemaxxowner

I would consider it a smashing success. My wife, who told me once upon a time she couldn't handle camping loved it. My daughter loved it, and has dubbed the camper "Walter".

Walter treated us well. The fridge would actually hover around 30-32 if left unopened a while, which seemed to work well with it being opened raising the temperature here and there. Nothing froze but the food was plenty cold. It was in the 80s and 90s during the day and now and then the AC would get to the set 70 degrees and shut off.

I love the Camco Hybrid Heat water heater electric conversion element. It got the water very hot and didn't take long after setting up to get it there. I was able to use very very little propane. We even had to spend a good bit of time in the camper yesterday during a storm, which is what's going on in the photo that shows our WHOPPER of a television! (It's actually a tablet leaned up. Lol) There was enough room we didn't kill each other while cooped up with a toddler.

I was able to swing by work and weigh the rig after setting up my True-Track by measurements alone. The distribution looked pretty good and I'm under on all of my limits.

The tow was good, the camper was great, and the campground (Cheraw State Park in Cheraw, SC) was very nice! The park has a day side and a camping side, separated by about a half mile walk or you could drive around. The beach area was on the day side, so we just chose to walk. There was a nice beach and playground, with a park office that sold some basic necessities. The walk over included a boardwalk that went through a lilly pad field in the lake which was blooming and very cool for our daughter to witness. They had kayak, john boat, paddle board, and pedal boat rentals for $10/hr or $30/day. The lake has a 10 HP limit if you want to bring your own boat. The bath house was VERY nice, very clean and well kept.

Just a very basic campground, but it's clean, cheap, and relaxing. For something close to home, we're happy to have found it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190714_110440576.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	22804Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190713_204845446.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	22805Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190713_214629516.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	22806Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190713_191419029.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	22807Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190713_130248947_HDR.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	22808Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190713_130257758.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	22809Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190713_092140624.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	22810Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190713_092132194_HDR.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	22811Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190712_203918407.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	22812
Old 07-14-2019, 06:02 PM   #51
sourdough
Site Team

Mitchell,

Thanks for sharing. The pics are beautiful. I think the one that "pictures" the wonders of camping with an RV is the one with your baby. Precious, and brings back lots of memories for those of us that don't get to experience that any longer.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:39 PM   #52
mwemaxxowner

She's growing way too fast! As she puts it, "Daddy I'm a little big."
Old 07-15-2019, 05:07 AM   #53
Northofu1

Looks awesome

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:21 AM   #54
mwemaxxowner

The canopy was more than adequate for our hang out space in lieu of a real awning, but I have GOT to come up with a solution to get at least one side tall enough to put over the front door. We had quite a bit of rain Saturday, and walking from the door into the canopy was a soggy affair. Lol.

I have an idea of using a steel pipe of whatever length I deem necessary, weld a plate on the bottom with a few holes drilled in it to act as the new foot so I can stake it down, with sort of a false bottom near the top set 3 or 4 inches into the pipe that the canopy leg will sit in. Drill a hole and run a set screw in or something to secure the canopy leg to the extension. Something of that nature. Might be able to come up with extensions made from PVC.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:55 AM   #55
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
The canopy was more than adequate for our hang out space in lieu of a real awning, but I have GOT to come up with a solution to get at least one side tall enough to put over the front door. We had quite a bit of rain Saturday, and walking from the door into the canopy was a soggy affair. Lol.

I have an idea of using a steel pipe of whatever length I deem necessary, weld a plate on the bottom with a few holes drilled in it to act as the new foot so I can stake it down, with sort of a false bottom near the top set 3 or 4 inches into the pipe that the canopy leg will sit in. Drill a hole and run a set screw in or something to secure the canopy leg to the extension. Something of that nature. Might be able to come up with extensions made from PVC.

I think I would try to use PVC if possible from a weight and safety perspective - especially with little ones.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:22 AM   #56
mwemaxxowner

That's true. A stumble into a steel pipe would not be pleasant.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:19 AM   #57
{tpc}

Gotta have that door covered! lol, but when it rains sideways...like it did over the 4th where I was (though not for too long)...everything is wet anyways.

I needed to dump the hot water tank anyways, so the rain made it easy in that I wasn't bothering the neighbors when I did so.

I don't know if you have a "patio mat" to put down but if you don't invest in one that drains easily. Ours is not terrible, but unless the timing of everything is right, its a secondary step to keep it out of the pass through storage until I can properly dry and clean it.
Old 07-17-2019, 04:43 AM   #58
mwemaxxowner

We have this thing, which seemed to dry fast, and was very easy to shake clean. Ish. It's also very light. I used to use a big square of outdoor carpet o had cut at HD. It was heavy and harder to shake/beat the sand and debris out. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190713_092140624.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	22862
Old 07-17-2019, 04:52 AM   #59
{tpc}

Ahhh that looks like one of the good ones. Ours was bought from camping world, and its huge kinda like a brown "grass" thingy. For what it is, it actually drains decently and drys fast, but still we wish we would have spent the money on a different one.

One day we will, but for right now we are going to get our moneys worth out of this one lol. The real issue is we want a really big one.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:04 AM   #60
newemptynester

It looks like your family really enjoyed themselves. That is what it is all about. Your baby is adorable, I remember those days, enjoy them. Keep making the memories, enjoy your TT.
2013 Laredo 29RKS

newemptynester is offline   Reply With Quote