Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #1
Kaptn Krabby

Furrion Access LTE wifi router

Does anyone have the Furrion Access LTE wifi router? My 2019 Outback has (what I think) is a mounting plate for one. I checked the Furrion website and it is very pricey. What does it do?
Kaptn Krabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #2
NH_Bulldog

Basically it is a 4G LTE MiFi hotspot and signal booster. You buy the unit for a few hundred dollars (typical price for a cellular booster). The MiFi part requires a cellular data plan. The booster part doesn’t have any residual cost.

The Furion unit is pointless to me, just like having a 4G LTE hotspot in a GM vehicle....it’s installed in the vehicle, and isn’t portable! I already have a Verizon MiFi hotspot (very portable) and I already have a Wilson WeBoost in the truck (also portable).
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
wifi