Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2019, 05:45 AM   #10
mwemaxxowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You might also consider a 8' length of 6" post cover from HD or Lowe's. The 5" plastic gutter fits into it perfectly to create a drawer. Lay the sewer hose in the gutter drawer and slide it into the post cover and place the cap on it. No need for "exotic hinges and locks" just a couple of nails or a piece of bent wire through a drilled hole on each side will lock the cap in place.

As for the coroplast "cabinet" think along the lines or origami. Bend, cut, trim until you have the shape you want and size you need, then use a couple of self tapping screws to secure it to the outriggers. I used heavy brown wrapping paper to make a pattern, then traced that onto the coroplast, used a razor knife to cut it to shape and a steel yardstick to hold along the creases so they stayed even and flat when I bent the angles.
I love these. It's brilliant. Simple, cheap, easy, effective. My trailer will definitely have one before next spring. I am considering building two, and using one for sewer hose and one to store a few other things. Small odds and ends that I don't want getting lost in my other compartments, with a nice drawer that slides out for easy access.
mwemaxxowner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage