Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2019, 07:39 PM   #1
roadglide

Landing gear height difference

Landing gear height difference . So one side is 2 inches higher than the other side I went to adjust the landing gear On the right side and found that it was next to impossible to get access without cutting the side wall out. I’m not having trouble with it now but in the future I would like to know if there is an easy way to get access to the landing gear on the right side?
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:47 PM   #2
mohead1

Not sure i understand.....you talking about adjusting the feet or foot of the gear to different heights? Its adjustable from the outside at or near the foot.
mohead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:07 AM   #3
roadglide

How to remove the right landing gear on a touhuler ? I have battery box and generator enclosing any access to the top bolts for removal.
Old 06-19-2019, 03:06 AM   #4
mohead1

Are you removing the jack mechanism?
There is no adjustment at the top. It bolts to the framework and the winch motor has a driveshaft going to it to operate it up and down.
There is an access panel that is prob screwed in to allow removal to get to the equip to service it or whatever. It may be on the inside of the rv like a closet on that side. Or behind the genset....
Old 06-19-2019, 05:39 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

The gearset heads should be the same height on each side. It's not clear what part of your system you're reporting as "not even". If it's those gearheads, you might be able to move the entire leg assembly up or down, but I'd ask, "WHY???"...

If the system "ELECTRIC" and is working and is operational then simply adjust the extending legs to touch the ground at the same time and the "exertional force will be level". Usually the ground isn't level under the trailer, and we compensate for that by extending the leg on the low side an extra one or two holes (rather than put 1 or 2 blocks under that leg). It "saves us" time and effort to try to "make it level for the leg" by simply extending the "high side leg" so it's 1" above the pad and then also adjusting the "low side leg" so it's also 1" above the pad under the foot of that leg. Then, when raising the nose of the trailer, the trailer (the important part) is level.

If your system is hydraulic, then the same applies, even though both legs are independent of each other. Just extend the lower legs and pin them about equal distance from the ground. That way, it isn't important whether the top of the legs is level with each other or not.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:25 AM   #6
CaptnJohn

No pins on 2018 or 2019 hydraulic system. Happy to have added Snap Pads though.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #7
roadglide

I have removed electrical landing gear and other fifers , The problem I have is the right landing gear was installed improperly I can’t find access to remove the bolts for adjustment . The left side landing gear is close to square stock and motor so I cannot adjust that it seems to be Properly fitted. How do I remove the right landing electric front jack on a 2015 311 toyhuler ?
2018 Milwaukee 8 FLRTU roadglide glide ultra
2018 800 Z force spot BUGGY.
500 watts of solar enough power for boon docking.
Old 06-19-2019, 01:07 PM   #8
mohead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The gearset heads should be the same height on each side. It's not clear what part of your system you're reporting as "not even". If it's those gearheads, you might be able to move the entire leg assembly up or down, but I'd ask, "WHY???"...

If the system "ELECTRIC" and is working and is operational then simply adjust the extending legs to touch the ground at the same time and the "exertional force will be level". Usually the ground isn't level under the trailer, and we compensate for that by extending the leg on the low side an extra one or two holes (rather than put 1 or 2 blocks under that leg). It "saves us" time and effort to try to "make it level for the leg" by simply extending the "high side leg" so it's 1" above the pad and then also adjusting the "low side leg" so it's also 1" above the pad under the foot of that leg. Then, when raising the nose of the trailer, the trailer (the important part) is level.

If your system is hydraulic, then the same applies, even though both legs are independent of each other. Just extend the lower legs and pin them about equal distance from the ground. That way, it isn't important whether the top of the legs is level with each other or not.
I think this is what he was already told. He says no leg adjustment. In 30 yrs of towing i have never seen one w no adjustment avail etc a tractor trailer maybe
Old 06-19-2019, 04:44 PM   #9
roadglide

[QUOTE=mohead1;345569]I think this is what he was already told. He says no leg adjustment. In 30 yrs of towing i have never seen one w no adjustment avail etc a tractor trailer maybe[/QUOTE that's b******* the right leg is installed incorrectly and I don't have easy access to it and a tape measure don't lie.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:27 AM   #10
GeekSquadOfUn

I had that issue on my previous Sabre 5th wheel.

I had an electric Lippert landing gear.

This is how I adjusted it. Easy.

Hook up your RV to your tow vehicle. Open front door compartment. Measure difference in height from left to right.

There is a square bar linking both landing legs, remove bolt on bar on the motor side.
and slide bar off a bit to disconnect.

Then, using the switch move up or down the motor driven leg to align them.

Reconnect the bar, put the screw in and Bob's your uncle.

Hope I understood your question OK.
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:48 AM   #11
roadglide

Thank you I understand what you're saying,on my 311 the right side motor landing gear are completely encased Within a steel frame. I see no other but get the grinder out and start cutting battery box on one side and generate on the other . It would simple you're explaining that adjustment and though it was common knowable, if I had access to it.

Tags
landing gear