Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2022, 06:13 PM   #1
Bjordan

Refrigerator Power Problems

I'm having a power issue with me refrigerator. I have o power to my 110 plug for refrigerator. There is power leaving the breaker box. There isn't a specific breaker for the refrigerator. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated m
Bjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 06:22 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjordan View Post
I'm having a power issue with me refrigerator. I have o power to my 110 plug for refrigerator. There is power leaving the breaker box. There isn't a specific breaker for the refrigerator. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated m
You may want to update your user cp to list the year and model of your rv

Depending on what you have it could be as simple as a gfci outlet in your kitchen or bathroom that needs to be reset
Old 03-06-2022, 06:26 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Do you have a gas/electric refrigerator, a 12 volt compressor refrigerator or a 120 volt residential refrigerator?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 06:52 PM   #4
Bjordan

It says that it hast have 12v and 110 to work. The 110 plug is dead. I unplugged and plugged to extension cord and frig works fine. And it is gas r electric. Works fine on gas
Old 03-06-2022, 07:19 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

The refrigerator plug is typically on a GFCI outlet. Most are "daisy chained and include the kitchen counter outlets. So, make sure all your GFCI devices are working properly and none of them are tripped.

Also, on refrigerators that are mounted in a slide, there is a 120 VAC "molex plug" that is mounted in the cupboard base just forward of the slide. If you crawl under the trailer at the front of the slide, you'll see a flexible "black extension cord cable" coming from inside the trailer, through the floor, and attached to a spring or a plastic folding lanyard that goes to the slide and then up, into the area behind the refrigerator. Check that plug for power in and power out... It will be 14 gauge ROMEX into the molex plug and "multi-strand copper wire" out of the moles plug, going under the trailer floor and to the slide.

If you have power on the ROMEX side of the molex plug, the issue is the stranded extension cord. If you do not have power on the ROMEX side of the molex plulg, then trace that ROMEX back to your circuit breaker box. Chances are it's come loose from the circuit breaker terminal.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-07-2022, 02:51 AM   #6
Bjordan

Thank you I will check. The gfi in kitchen seems to be working properly. Checked all other ugs and microwave are working. Thank you I will check the molex plug and wire
Old 03-07-2022, 06:53 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Here's a photo of the molex connector in my trailer. It's "screwed to the floor to keep it in place and you can clearly see the transition from ROMEX to "copper strand flexible wire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4118.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	251.0 KB
ID:	38631   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4119.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	38632  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-07-2022, 07:34 AM   #8
Bjordan

Thank you I appreciate the pics. I know what I'm looking for now. That will be located on the inside correct
Old 03-07-2022, 08:09 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Yes, it sould be in the bottom kitchen cabinet, along the roadside wall, just forward of the slide. You can go under your trailer to confirm where the black "extension cord" comes out of the main trailer body and goes to the slide. The molex connector will be directly above where you see the black extension cord coming down from the main trailer body where it goes through the trailer floor....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 03-07-2022, 08:22 AM   #10
Bjordan

Tha k you. I will give a update when I figure it out
Old 03-11-2022, 07:04 AM   #11
Bjordan

Found molex connector. There is no power in the black cord to the molex connector. I don't see that black cord coming in to breaker box. So does it change again before it gets to breaker box
Old 03-11-2022, 07:42 AM   #12
Javi

Quote:
Found molex connector. There is no power in the black cord to the molex connector. I don't see that black cord coming in to breaker box. So does it change again before it gets to breaker box
The Romex is running FROM the breaker box to the Molex box and the black flexible cord is running into the slide.

Check the Romex for power...
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 05:35 AM   #13
Bjordan

On the slide where refrigerator is there is a couch. There is a 110 receptacle that's not working. On mine the 14 2 wire is in the slide and goes to connector. The black cord leaves the slide goes under trailer and in to the rear corner. Same on the other side but It has power. There must be a junction box close by I don't know where it would be. I've taken covers off at the ceiling in the corner where the black cord is going into the bottom and when it comes out to the ceiling in a corner it's 14 2 wire.