Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
Karen G

Just ordered Passport 245RB

Hi,
I'm Karen and my DH, Jim and our furkid, Buffy (the Vampire Slayer) are avid campers. I am retired but Jim will be retired in about a year and a half and then we will be able to travel more extensively & for longer periods of time.

We live in Murfreesboro, TN and so far we've camped in New York State, Virginia, Indiana, Illinois and Tennessee. I am hoping to expand our stateside camping experiences. We've tent camped, popped up, and travel trailered. This is the 3rd TT that we've owned.

We've ordered our Passport locally and are told that it will be coming off the line on September 17th.
Karen G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:27 AM   #2
Flyguy

Welcome to the forum Karen & Jim, I'm sure that you will be pleased with your new TT. Like you, we have owned many RV's in the course of time since the mid 70's, we started in tents camping in the Smokies, then went to a pop-up, and then a bigger pop-up, then to our first TT (1969 Avion), then to our second (2004 Trailmanor 3124KB), then to our current TT listed in the signature. If you have any problems or are looking for advise, please post with the problem or just to say that all is great (we love to hear that one). Please visit the "Announcement" section and read the post on "Forum Rules". You can find information on creating your signature in the "Forum Technical Support" section, look for the post entitled "Creating a Signature" posted by the administrator. You can also download a PDI checklist from my homepage which I highly advise you to use in the pre delivery inspection that you can do or oversee at the dealership, it is wise to find any problems upfront and let the dealer correct them BEFORE you hand over any money and sign for the trailer. To download the checklist, click on "Flyguy" in the upper left of this post and select "visit Flyguy's homepage" from the drop down menu, this will take you to my homepage, in the middle of the page that you will see is the PDI checklist, right click on it and select "save target as" to download it to your computer. If you see anything else on my homepage please feel free to download it for your personal use, there are folders for just about everything contained on the Passport to include any manual for any appliance that you might have on your TT, the site is setup to look like what you would see on your own computer and fuctions in the same way (think of it as an extension of your hard drive). Good Luck and happy camping.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:29 AM   #3
Karen G

Your webpage

Thanks so much for the welcome. I will definitely go to your page and take advantage of your generosity.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #4
Karen G

Plans and/or stud diagram for TT

Can anyone give me some advice?

Do I ask the factory or the dealer for a diagram of electrical wiring and studs for the 245RB? Or would the plans be the thing to ask for?

Karen G
2010 Passport 245RB (ordered)
2008 Jayco Jayfeather Sport 218
2007 Sidekick
Viking Saga Popup
2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 with a 5.3L tow package rated @6500#
Old 08-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
Flyguy

I don't know if a wiring diagram exists or if plans exist for any of the trailers, I would think that the dealer could tell you though. If any of this does exist then it's a closely guarded secret because I haven't seen this information anywhere or been able to get copies of this. I guess you just want to know where things are behind the walls before you start drilling holes and I don't blame you. Sorry, I know that this doesn't help much.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:15 AM   #6
Karen G

Plans for Passport

Thanks for the comeback. I asked because people on the NT site talked about gatting the plans for their TT's, so I began to think plans were commonly avaiable. I'll see if I can check with the company and also see how much $ they would want for such a thing.

Karen G
2007 Sidekick
Viking Saga Popup
Old 08-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

Every trailer I've ever owned the wiring was wherever the builder decided to put it that day. As for the studs ..... you can see the outline of them on a cool damp morning or sometimes when you wash it. I just took measurements outside off known points like windows and vents and transfered them inside to find studs to hang things on walls like a tv for the bedroom. It works for me.

OH! Welcome. Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #8
Karen G

Diagram/plans for TT

Thanks Hank,
Yes, that's probably what we'll end up doing. Also, I think we plan to use some of that Command tape & see how well it holds. I'm not keen on hanging a lot of stuff all over the camper but there are a few things that you just have to have.

Karen G
2007 Sidekick
Viking Saga Popup
Old 03-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
snowcap50

passport

Karen,
Could you let me know how your passport is working out? Any bugs about it or things I should know. I am picking up my 245RB passport Mon 3/15/10.
Hope to hear from you, Dave
snowcap50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #10
Karen G

Talking Keystone Passport 245 RB

Hey Dave,
We will be making our third trip with the Passport and absolutely love it. It has been great and I don't think we will have to upgrade any time in the near future. There are two of us and with the slide, we are very comfortable in it.

All of the sytems work with no problems, the central A/C and ducted heat are wonderful and much quieter then what we had before. The neo-angle shower is good, space around the toilet is a little tighter than we would have liked. Hot water heater and refrigerator/freezer are good, microwave is good

We did add some extras that we are so happy we added. E.g., Awning over all the windows, that stirrer thingy in the black water which helps so much to keep the tank clean, an extra rolling bin in the galley - necessary since there are no drawers, cover for the stove so that we can use the extra counter space that it provides, extra hand hold and better steps at front door and we chose the wardrobe in the back hall rather than the bench seat. This extra space is a godsend.

Don't be afraid to ask me any technical questions, I'll get my husband in on the conversation because I know I've missed something. Good luck with your new camper, I think you will love it.

Karen G
2007 Sidekick
Viking Saga Popup

Tags
245rb, murfreesboro, passport