Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
theide

2011 321bhs Laredo

We purchased a new 2011 321BHS Laredo Fifth wheel about 3 months ago from a dealership in Ohio, paid to get it shipped up to us in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. We are enjoying the extra room that the new unit provides. Our two small children love the bunk house area at the front of the unit. We took it from Calgary to Vancouver Island this summer, ending our trip at Tofino before heading back home. The 3000 kms were enjoyed without issue. Getting it ready for some cool fall camping this weekend.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the forum. I hope the weather was good for you on the Island - it wasn't great for much of the summer around the lower mainland area. After paying for the ferry to get to the Island and back, did you have any $$$$ left over for fuel to get you back home??? No need to answer - been there and done that at the beginning of "summer". Enjoy your new Laredo.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
JReinhart

Which dealership did you buy from in Ohio? We did the same thing, bought the same trailer (only 2010) live in the same city! But I drove down to pick it up :-)
Old 09-24-2010, 06:15 AM   #4
theide

We had great weather our whole trip. Couldn't believe that it was all sunshine at Pacific Rim National Park. The ferry does put a dent in the wallet, but it was actually a bit cheaper than I had expected (I expected the worst obviously).
Old 09-24-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
theide

We bought from Holman Motors (www.holmanrv.com). It was a good experience and took about a month from ordering to when we received the fifth wheel at our door. I considered driving down, but couldn't afford to take the time off work. My parents just ordered a Brookstone from Terrytown RV as well. There's took a lot longer to get, but it's got a custom paint job which caused a delay in shipping.

Have you enjoyed your 2010 321bh?
Old 09-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #6
JReinhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by theide View Post
We bought from Holman Motors (www.holmanrv.com). It was a good experience and took about a month from ordering to when we received the fifth wheel at our door. I considered driving down, but couldn't afford to take the time off work. My parents just ordered a Brookstone from Terrytown RV as well. There's took a lot longer to get, but it's got a custom paint job which caused a delay in shipping.

Have you enjoyed your 2010 321bh?
Thats who we bought from too!! Thats too funny! We have used our FW so many times this year, everywhere from Bc to drumheller, as a matter of fact we just returned from a week long trip ( couple weeks ago) and we went through spokane and worked our way into montana before heading home. I figure we put about 8000 km on it this year (not including the 3300 to bring it back from Holman) and haven't had any major problems. It has a few minor items it is going into the shop to get fixed in a couple weeks.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #7
theide

What are the odds?? Too cool. Where are you taking your trailer for work? Not sure where to take ours for warranty work. There's a few things that need some tweaking.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:02 PM   #8
JReinhart

I'm actually taking it to schwabs out in leduc. I had taken it to field of dreams before but when I dropped it off this time they made me come pick it up because they don't want to warranty it now because its from the U.S. western rv/field of dreams won't take them now. You'd have to call around and see. Very rude customer service.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #9
SLIMSHADIE

I bought from Holman too. A very good experience. We drove 5 hours one way to see it and buy it. The guy next to me, drove 14 hours to buy his. He was from New Mexico. I think they sold 5 campers that day.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #10
theide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReinhart View Post
I'm actually taking it to schwabs out in leduc. I had taken it to field of dreams before but when I dropped it off this time they made me come pick it up because they don't want to warranty it now because its from the U.S. western rv/field of dreams won't take them now. You'd have to call around and see. Very rude customer service.
I called over there and the first thing they were asking was where I bought it. I figured they were going to be one of those dealers that wouldn't service it. I guess the $20,000 we saved makes up for the hassle though.

Is Schwabs doing warranty work through Keystone? If so, that would be great to actually know of a dealer that will do it.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #11
JReinhart

Quote:
I guess the $20,000 we saved makes up for the hassle though.
Thats exactly what I said!

Quote:
Is Schwabs doing warranty work through Keystone? If so, that would be great to actually know of a dealer that will do it.
Yes they are.